Newbie from Berks saying Hi !

topmonty

Just Joined
Mar 1, 2017
Maidenhead,Berks
Hi,discovered the site whilst researching e bikes ..............brilliant find I must say.
Currently own a Specialized Rockhopper comp disc 07 with 26 wheels and a Specialized Crosstrail hybrid 09 with 700c wheels.
I am tempted to go for a bafang mid drive kit on either bike,so any advice on preference or pointers etc would be appreciated along with general opinions and suggestions for suppliers.
thanks in advance................Cheers

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new on here compared with most. I'm sure you'll get some great advice ref bafang motors. Good to see how this forum is growing.

D

Deleted member 4366

If you're sure about the mid-drive, the 25 amp 36v BBS01 from Em3ev.com can be a good choice because it's legal and it makes a lot more power than other versions. If you have the power, you can always turn it down (7 programmable levels), but if you don't, you can't turn it up. Most of the other legal versions only go to 18 amps. Obviously, power is directly proportional to current. Eclipse bikes have some good batteries that can provide the 25 amps that motor needs.

Hopefully, Woosh will get hold of some of those motors and batteries soon. I understand that they sell pretty well. I only know two guys in Telford with a BBSxx motor, and they both have the 25A one.

topmonty

Just Joined
Mar 1, 2017
Maidenhead,Berks
If you're sure about the mid-drive, the 25 amp 36v BBS01 from Em3ev.com can be a good choice because it's legal and it makes a lot more power than other versions. If you have the power, you can always turn it down (7 programmable levels), but if you don't, you can't turn it up. Most of the other legal versions only go to 18 amps. Obviously, power is directly proportional to current. Eclipse bikes have some good batteries that can provide the 25 amps that motor needs.

Hopefully, Woosh will get hold of some of those motors and batteries soon. I understand that they sell pretty well. I only know two guys in Telford with a BBSxx motor, and they both have the 25A one.
Thanks for the response..................certainly food for thought !

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hopefully, Woosh will get hold of some of those motors and batteries soon.
I've got the batteries, the BBS01 arrives in Felixstowe on the 25th. Very sorry.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
BBS01B as they come from suzhou Bafang.
I don't want to know about re-programming.

Some of the 25A BBS01B versions are arriving in the UK mid to end of April. ;)