Newbie from Nottinghamshire

Geranium

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 23, 2018
Well hello.:)

Newly ( well new to me :p) acquired an electro bike mark 3 by asbikes.
GIngerly sallying forth while not having a scoobie how the bike works :D

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome

Enjoy the bike
You dont need to know how they work till you need to fix it :)

Reactions: Geranium

Geranium

Jul 23, 2018
For example, there is a switch in the handlebars which has three positions

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Show us a pic of the switch.
If it is the one with 6km/h this is a walk along mode don't try and ride the bike with it as it is not designed for this.
+/- buttons are for increasing assist level from low to high.
Each level will differ depending on if it is speed to torque simulation control. If speed control each of the three levels will be a different speed which you will notice.
If torque simulation the speed will be much the same but you will feel more oomph/torque from the drive in a different way to speed.

Geranium

Jul 23, 2018
Show us a pic of the switch.
If it is the one with 6km/h this is a walk along mode don't try and ride the bike with it as it is not designed for this.
+/- buttons are for increasing assist level from low to high.
Each level will differ depending on if it is speed to torque simulation control. If speed control each of the three levels will be a different speed which you will notice.
If torque simulation the speed will be much the same but you will feel more oomph/torque from the drive in a different way to speed.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Is this the only switch on the bike or is there a display as well ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
All I can think it can be is either a simple on off switch or a speed switch with 3 differing speed levels.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Does the bike work at all ?
Make sure the battery is charged check the battery output terminals with a volt meter,plac eit on the bike and make sure the battery is on if it has a switch.
move the switch to E & and pedal to see if it works, it has a pedal sensor and is a pas/cadence operated bike.
Does it have a throttle ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The first position is off ie no electric assistance
The function you describe and posted up a pic to is different form the model they were selling, maybe it is an older incarnation of the same bike.

Geranium

Jul 23, 2018
Does the bike work at all ?
Make sure the battery is charged check the battery output terminals with a volt meter,plac eit on the bike and make sure the battery is on if it has a switch.
move the switch to E & and pedal to see if it works, it has a pedal sensor and is a pas/cadence operated bike.
Does it have a throttle ?
Yes I've been riding it in the second position E , which I'm assuming is ok? Not sure what the third position A is?
It doesn't start in A.
Yes it has a throttle