newbie here with the powabyke dinasour version

archer

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 14, 2020
Plympton
Hi all

My wifes very early Powabyke has a problem, she loves it as it is one of the very early ones which means not just pedal assist and as I use both a mobility scooter around town and a battery powered quad bike out in the countryside she can keep up with me without overdoing her also limited energy

A problem with the lead acid batteries last year meant I parked the bike up, changed the batteries as they were basically naff, then being a total dippy I didn't check the polarity (big dohh) but surprisingly everything seems ok, no burnt bits no bad wires or controller visible damage, so maybe I was lucky

Anyway moving on a few months / year she wants to use the bike again now I am allowed out, so took bike out of the garage, cleaned it down and checked what I can, but after last year I stupidly disconnected the controller and while the larger plug and the 2 pin (blue / yellow) are easy to put back into place I have the two - 3 pin plugs one is Blue and goes to the pedal sensor and the green goes to the throttle, but which goes where I have forgotten i have P1 (3 pins) P2 (2 pins) and P3 (3 pins), anyone any idea which goes where ?

Or am I better binning that controller and fitting an aftermarket controller ?

Thanks everyone enjoy the rides

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have the two - 3 pin plugs one is Blue and goes to the pedal sensor and the green goes to the throttle, but which goes where I have forgotten i have P1 (3 pins) P2 (2 pins) and P3 (3 pins), anyone any idea which goes where ?
This part doesn't make sense nor does most of the latter part of the post, you appears to be contradicting your self.
Show us a pic of the brushed controller connectors and the ancillaries you are trying to connect.

archer

May 14, 2020
Plympton
This part doesn't make sense nor does most of the latter part of the post, you appears to be contradicting your self.
Show us a pic of the brushed controller connectors and the ancillaries you are trying to connect.
I thought it did make sense but no problem I will take a few pics tomorrow and post them, thanks

archer

May 14, 2020
Plympton
As I mentioned yesterday, this Powabyke controller has 3 sets of pins P1 - P2 & P3

P2 is easy as there is only 1 socket with 2 wires to fit the plug with,

now I also have a blue 3 pin plug and a green 3 pin plug both of which can fit to either p1 or p3 as shown on the pic, which one goes where ? anyone help me please

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Now I understand the pin out sockets are exactly the same.
Show us a pic of the PAS & throttle wires/connectors, I'm particularly interested in the colour sequence.

archer

May 14, 2020
Plympton
Now I understand the pin out sockets are exactly the same.
Show us a pic of the PAS & throttle wires/connectors, I'm particularly interested in the colour sequence.
as many pics as you want, these include the keyswitch, the 3 wired blue socket goes to the pedal crank, the green with 3 wires goes to the twist throttle, blue yellow wire with the 2 pin socket is easy as it can only fit in 1 place

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Blue connector/PAS for sure is Red/Voltage, Black/Gnd & Green signal.
The Green connector/throttle is Red/Voltage, Yellow likely Gnd & Green likely signal. though the Yellow & Green possibly could be the opposite, checking the pin outs on the board might help.
If you have meter with the controller powered up probe the corresponding voltage and Gnd middle pins on the controller pin 1 and 3 to see if both give a reading.

Last edited: