Newbie interested in folding bikes

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
5 years warranty is impressive.

I would cover bottom of the battery. You really don't want mud to go into the lock.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
@marina.vlasenko yes, we are a bit geeky on here, so more details on battery cell make/type and motor model would be good to know and if spare batteries are available to buy etc
Does it have Suntour forks, I cannot find out the make from your website?

What's the lead time on deliveries? Do you hold stock in the UK or is it like a crowdfunding arrangement where you wait for orders to be placed before you order a load from your supplier and the customer has to wait a few months or longer?

Is there a cover to go on the end of the battery? I can see it getting covered in muck that low down by the bottom bracket

Thanks

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

marina.vlasenko

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 26, 2023
5 years warranty is impressive.

I would cover bottom of the battery. You really don't want mud to go into the lock.
Yes, you are right. We are actually working upon it
The internal part of the switch and the lock is insulated well so even though, at the moment, water or mud splashes on to it the internal parts will be fully safe

marina.vlasenko

Jan 26, 2023
@marina.vlasenko yes, we are a bit geeky on here, so more details on battery cell make/type and motor model would be good to know and if spare batteries are available to buy etc
Does it have Suntour forks, I cannot find out the make from your website?

What's the lead time on deliveries? Do you hold stock in the UK or is it like a crowdfunding arrangement where you wait for orders to be placed before you order a load from your supplier and the customer has to wait a few months or longer?

Is there a cover to go on the end of the battery? I can see it getting covered in muck that low down by the bottom bracket

Thanks
yes, we always have extra spare batteries, customer can buy it on our website

no, we have pneumatic front fork, but not sontour brand

currently delivery lead time is 2 months, as we always get out of stock at the moment shipment arrives. So far we got over 150 sales and all are pre orders. We are working upon having stock availability.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Do you sell one bike only? For how long are you on the market? I can't find spare battery on your web site...

marina.vlasenko

Jan 26, 2023
Do you sell one bike only? For how long are you on the market? I can't find spare battery on your web site...
yes, we currently have 1 model (with 2 options: cargo rack or pannier bag) and are working on few more models

Our brand idea and MVP emerged in 2021, but official sales started in august 2022
{advertising/sales link removed}

Last edited by a moderator:

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
...and apologies William. I am under impression we have hijacked your thread.

You might find it easier to buy a bike rack that you can attach to tail gate or to towbar rather than buying entire new bike.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Do you know what the battery cells used in the battery pack are? Many folk on this forum really enjoy pondering battery cell details.
The spec's say they are using those aweful Tesla 21700 cells , we know what happens to them they crash and burn and often not they just burn with no crash.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The spec's say they are using those aweful Tesla 21700 cells , we know what happens to them they crash and burn and often not they just burn with no crash.
Yikes! :eek::eek::eek:

yea, it has lithium ion cells
Perhaps a choice of 21700 battery cell types could be offered? Although I'm not in this market (I need my bikes to fold), buying any electric bike with awful batteries makes zero sense.

Last edited:

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Marina, I see some conflicting information on your webpage. Do you provide 5 years warranty or 2 years? Is battery covered by warranty?

As a company you should ensure bikes you sell are legal in UK. Top speed 32m/h and blog video clearly suggest this bike is not legal.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Marina, I see some conflicting information on your webpage. Do you provide 5 years warranty or 2 years? Is battery covered by warranty?

As a company you should ensure bikes you sell are legal in UK. Top speed 32m/h and blog video clearly suggest this bike is not legal.
in an earlier reply in this thread Marina did say that the bikes supplied to uk customers come set to 15.5 mph and throttle restricted to 3mph.
However, from watching the blogger review youtube videos advertised on the Gin X website, clearly the riders have the bikes unrestricted and can be seen and heard riding on uk streets or public land at over 15.5mph assisted. They also say instructions on how to derestrict are in the manual supplied.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Exactly. I might be old fashioned, but I like to buy legal things.

BTW selling chargers with EU plug in UK is illegal as well.

William Llewellyn

Jan 26, 2023
...and apologies William. I am under impression we have hijacked your thread.

You might find it easier to buy a bike rack that you can attach to tail gate or to towbar rather than buying entire new bike.
I tow a caravan .... that will upset a few people!

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Exactly. I might be old fashioned, but I like to buy legal things.

BTW selling chargers with EU plug in UK is illegal as well.
I guess it's the old legal to buy but illegal to ride if derestricted by the owner. A bit like Halfords selling escooters in every branch, legal to buy and they'll argue if people use them illegally on the streets we cannot be held responsible in any way...true, but is it ethical?
There are a few uk bikes that have the potential to be unrestricted, but the info to do so is not provided, and certainly not effectively promoted as it seems with Gin X and their bloggers etc

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
There are a few uk bikes that have the potential to be unrestricted, but the info to do so is not provided, and certainly not effectively promoted as it seems with Gin X and their bloggers etc
If an eBike can be desresticted, I think all you have to do is find a suitable Internet forum and ask how to do it.

Last edited:

Laffin ebike

Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2022
Is that supposed to be a helpful comment? Really?

I suppose every forum has to have a few people who respond in this way.
I have a Carrera Crosscity folding ebike , it's ace, tackles most hills, folds down to fit in a car boot and around 18 miles range if taking it steady in a hilly area .