Nice bike but no poke

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I've just had a decent go on an A2B Hybrid 24.

The good news is it is a very nice bike in lots of ways.

Quality components and it looks classy and well made.

The keyless immobiliser fob is a nice touch, and the display is neater than some.

The ride - as a bicycle - is smooth and commendably free from rattles.

And the motor is literally silent.

But the bad news is the bike has virtually no poke, even on the highest assistance level.

I wonder if that's a feature of the pancake motors - looks like there's something similar on the Storck Radar and most people say that also lacks power, although I've never ridden one.

The A2B is about £2K and it looks it, but the lack of go - to me - kills it stone dead as a prospective purchase.

Pity.

Hybrid/ 24 - Electric Bike | A2B

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
I've just had a decent go on an A2B Hybrid 24.

The good news is it is a very nice bike in lots of ways.

Quality components and it looks classy and well made.

The keyless immobiliser fob is a nice touch, and the display is neater than some.

The ride - as a bicycle - is smooth and commendably free from rattles.

And the motor is literally silent.

But the bad news is the bike has virtually no poke, even on the highest assistance level.

I wonder if that's a feature of the pancake motors - looks like there's something similar on the Storck Radar and most people say that also lacks power, although I've never ridden one.

The A2B is about £2K and it looks it, but the lack of go - to me - kills it stone dead as a prospective purchase.

Pity.

Hybrid/ 24 - Electric Bike | A2B
Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with the power! It is often commented that the H24 is one of the most powerful ebikes people have tried. Maybe the one you tried didn't have the right software or something.

We will have available for test at the cycle show a similar bike with the Neodrive propulsion system, this is the Obree in our range. Maybe worth a test...At the Ispo bike show our bikes were tested more than any others.

Thanks for your feedback on our bike.

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
interesting review - I'd echo Mark's comments and even suggest maybe something wrong with the one you tried? I tried one of these when i was ebike shopping, as there were some great deals on last years models out there - the one i tried had a lot of poke, but it weighed about 9 tons and was dreadful as a pedal cycle.

I'd say it would be ideal as a commuter sudo moped, or a mobility aid (as its stable, solid and easy to ride)

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
interesting review - I'd echo Mark's comments and even suggest maybe something wrong with the one you tried? I tried one of these when i was ebike shopping, as there were some great deals on last years models out there - the one i tried had a lot of poke, but it weighed about 9 tons and was dreadful as a pedal cycle.

I'd say it would be ideal as a commuter sudo moped, or a mobility aid (as its stable, solid and easy to ride)
Thanks ghouluk,

Hopefully you found something suitable! If not, we have recently launched this: Ferber - Electric Bike | A2B. It uses a very similar propulsion system to the Hybrid 24, but weighs in at 22kg (5kg less than the Hybrid).

Happy riding!

Mark

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Nice one Mark....the "Ferber" looks good...how much are they retailing for ?

I've had 5 electric bikes and the best 2 came from your stable so could be interested in this.

...Mike

Hero Eco

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2012
Gloucestershire
Nice one Mark....the "Ferber" looks good...how much are they retailing for ?

I've had 5 electric bikes and the best 2 came from your stable so could be interested in this.

...Mike
Hi Mike,

Good to hear from you, hope your bikes are treating you well! The Ferber, I believe, is quite competitive at £1469. But you as the customer will be the best judge!

Thanks
Mark