No throttle.

Ian Armistead

Just Joined
Feb 3, 2013
A, A
Not complaining about my Raleigh Velo Trail, far from it i think its great & really gets me around. My only reservation is the fact that there is no throttle. Now this is good in one way as it stops you from being lazy & you have to pedal. It's just from a standing start, i've just had my pedal part way round but didn't apply the brake & the motor was making a whirring sound. If i have the pedal at the bottom it's all good but hard to get away from junctions lights etc. Anyone out there with just a pedal assist can offer advice i'd be glad to hear it, thanks.

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
It maybe just the motor run on, they tend to run for a few seconds after you stop pedaling, position of the pedal should not affect the motor stopping.
Best bet is to use the brake to stop the motor and put the pedal where it is best to start from.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Pedal pressure activates the torque sensor, making the motor run, the torque sensor being in effect a foot throttle, but it shouldn't run the motor if there's no pressure on the pedal. That would be a fault which needs correcting.