Not an electric bike in sight

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Err, Dave... did you EXPECT there to be electric bikes in sight?

A

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Oddly, the French aren't big on electric bikes, unlike their immediate neighbours on their northern borders, and even Italy seems more keen and have an active e-bike forum.

There's a couple of Paris shops, Velo Electro run my Mme Sophie Nenner and Velectris run by Olivier Birault, but I don't know of any others elsewhere.

tribalecho

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2010
Guernsey
Oddly, the French aren't big on electric bikes, unlike their immediate neighbours on their northern borders, and even Italy seems more keen and have an active e-bike forum.

There's a couple of Paris shops, Velo Electro run my Mme Sophie Nenner and Velectris run by Olivier Birault, but I don't know of any others elsewhere.
I took my Raleigh e-bike to Brittany in August, complete with my daughter's trailer-bike. I felt like a celebrity over there - everyone seemed to love the bike (with or without trailer-bike). The very young wanted to race me - unsuccessfully :) The hypermarchés were selling electric bikes for around 500 euros. The local cycle shops talked excitedly about electric bikes coming in September (Gitane). I got the impression France is opening up to e-bikes. I felt there's a growing interest there.
This is a French e-bike forum:
Forum Cyclurba.fr. Vélos à assistance électrique

BBB

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2007
I actually spend most of my time in Brittany, although I do own a cycle shop in the UK. There are always electric bikes for sale in some supermarkets, and the post office now have custom built electric bikes for deliveries.
So they are slowly creeping in. The overheads when running a business here is quite exspensive, If it wasnt I might concider opening an electric bike shop. Mind you my French would have to improve. :D

tribalecho

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2010
Guernsey
I hope you are happy with your Raleigh Ebike. :)
I'm more than happy with it! 5 months now, and 1700 miles. I've not used the car to get to work in that time - even through the recent ice and snow when I just rode past all the struggling cars (albeit very tentatively!)
I'm hoping I'm a good advert for you :)
although I had a few strange looks on my way to work yesterday......

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
I suspect that Raleigh Dover has a very special 'sound', the same sound I enjoyed listening to in North-African souqs back in the '70's, with a bottle of coke laced 30/70 in favour of vodka, happy days....and nights :D

Tribal Echo

tribalecho

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2010
Guernsey
:eek: Ha ha! I doubt anyone would want to see me belly dancing, particularly on the bike. :D I could stretch to a little hand drumming but I was carrying the percussion stuff for someone else to use on this occasion! I did have a tambourine accompaniment all the way to work though.
I've not heard of any other "tribalecho". Boringly, I use the name because it's an anagram of my (maiden) name :)

BBB

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2007
Wow I didn't realise I had such talented customers. :D
I am so glad you love the bike, we were very impressed when we first saw them, especially after selling cheaper electric bikes for so many years. They are so reliable and well built. It just goes to show that it is so true, that you only get what you pay for in life.
I think the happiest person is my mechanic though, lol.

BBB

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2007
Have added my status as a cycle shop owner to comply with the terms of this site.