Not another cyclamatic !! :)..

Zen61

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 29, 2017
Leeds
Hi all acquired off a relative who was upgrading to a better electric bike a ( drum roll )cyclamatic power plus.using it to commute too work approx 11 -12 miles.so far not been too many problems but the on off switch on the handle bar packed up.carefully took unit apart too find actual 2 pole switch had moved in the casing.rectified that and later on more problems with 2 pole switch decided too solder wires together i.e. permanently on bypassing switch :).Today half way home and power too handlebar led's is there but no power too motor to be continued :(...

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

Cyclamatics are great. Over 30 mph without pedalling is possible. There used to be a Youtube vid of a 48v one, but it's gone now.

• Informative

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Today half way home and power too handlebar led's is there but no power too motor to be continued :(...
Couple of easy things you can try:
  1. Make sure that the connector on the chainstay is pushed all the way home. If the previous owner has ever had the wheel off, then the connector may not have been refitted together properly.
  2. Clean the contacts on the bottom of the battery and also the 2 prongs on the battery docking station. Over time, the contacts on the battery can open slightly and make poor contact with the prongs. Use a flat headed screwdriver to gently bend the battery contacts inwards.

• Useful

Zen61

Aug 29, 2017
Leeds
Cheers will try that.good Lord took my old school 21 gear mtb on same route to work ,what a difference I was knackered by the time I got home and to add insult to injury an electric mtb literally zoomed passed ,me and dissapeared into the distance :)

• :D

Zen61

Aug 29, 2017
Leeds
Did what you suggested took cover off base of battery and carefully crimped two connectors in a bit.Then checked wires at handle bar and 're soldered wires too bypass on off switch and since wires on hall sensor had come off cut them short and put heat shrink over all connectors,nb no twist throttle now but pedal assist now runs fine .Thanks for your help enclosed two photos of wiring and mods.20170902_151824.jpg 20170902_134248.jpg

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
My suggestions actually didn't require dismantling of any parts, but yer done now lol. At least it's back on the road :)