Not safe even in Tunbridge Wells

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Kent Police website doesn't seem to allow video or attachments, and it says things like 'be prepared to go to court...'. All I need to do is make them aware.

That camera is a 4 year old 'Kitvision' 720P HD go-pro lookalike that cost me £18 including all the waterproof case! It was on offer from £40, but I take it white water kayaking and it gets some pretty rough treatment as you can see from last weekend on the Tees in Yorkshire:

Thanks

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Judging by the shadows the sun would have been a problem for the driver of the car. The car shouldn't go unless it is clear but I think the sun is a mitigating factor. When there is low sun right behind us we should be aware, whether driving or riding that people trying to pull out of a side road/roundabout may not be able to see us due to the sun.
Is this what might be called a Prince Philip?
Good point, as you say the shadows were very long, indicating a very low sun towards the driver's eyes. With the driver naturally tending to look for motor vehicles, as wrong as that might be, a cyclist is easily missed in difficult vision circumstances.