Not so Smarta owner...

Tone

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 22, 2016
Broadstairs
Greetings! I've just bought a three-year-old Smarta LX8 off eBay. Bike seems OK but didn't come with an original manual - and the downloadable one is not much help. I've joined Pedelecs in the hope that it might assist me to be a Smarta owner than the one I am now. Difficulty number one is in understanding the working of the display unit on the left of the handlebars. It's a very small Wuxing DK 207 unit. It seems to be a "read only" display - ie, one can't actually select a level of pedal assistance. Is that right? (I didn't realise the bike would or could be an "automatic".) Difficulty number two is understanding all the symbols on the display. And difficulty number three relates to a switch on the right of the handlebars which is marked "E . S". What does this do? If anyone can cast light on these matters, I'd be very grateful.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Photo might help or we will have to google smarta LX.
This comes up with Ltd info .

Last edited:

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Is this a similar bike, scroll down to see photos of the display. Early Synergie bikes had an E S switch, eco and sport, the center position turned off the auto pedelec function (throttle control only)

EBAY

EDIT. Ignore the link above. I think your bike is as below.

Handlebars

The assistance level is controlled by the ES rocker switch, the center display is for information only as you thought.

Last edited:

Tone

May 22, 2016
Broadstairs
Is this a similar bike, scroll down to see photos of the display. Early Synergie bikes had an E S switch, eco and sport, the center position turned off the auto pedelec function (throttle control only)

EBAY

EDIT. Ignore the link above. I think your bike is as below.

Handlebars

The assistance level is controlled by the ES rocker switch, the center display is for information only as you thought.

Tone

May 22, 2016
Broadstairs
Thank you, Blew it. That's helpful. I thought the E might stand for Electrical or Eco but I was at a loss for the S - somehow "Sport" doesn't quite fit the performance/appearance of the Smarta LX8! I've ridden the bike and tried both the E and the S, but I couldn't detect any discernible difference.

Tone

May 22, 2016
Broadstairs
I"ve posted a pic of the display unit. The switch I referred to is simply a small rocker switch marked E . S.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Those bikes are not very powerful, a very modest 10 amp controller is fitted. The brushed motors are quite noisy as they get older...saves using the bell to warn of approach :D

The rocker switch does not actually adjust power, only the road speed at which the electrical assistance tapers off.

Have fun with bike
Bob

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
I"ve posted a pic of the display unit. The switch I referred to is simply a small rocker switch marked E . S.
I've no knowledge of your bike however my first ebike was an Alien Ocean which had a similar rocker switch. Its only function was to switch the throttle off and on.

Jim

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I see it also gives the weather forecast :rolleyes: what is the umbrella for?