Number Plates for Bikes Again

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
This topic is usually accompanied by the complaint that Cyclists don`t pay `road tax `. The emissions tax also means that lots of cars pay nothing as well . My 32 year old Suzuki Classic 50cc Scooter which barely makes 30mph is taxed at £17 , my 250`s are £37 each and my car £178 . So when I am out on my Ebike or cycle and get accused of not contributing , the accuser will get both barrels .

D

Deleted member 4366

A Police Commissioner is proposing registration of bicycles.Why do i get a feeling of Deja Vu?
It's our friend Katy Bourne, who's police force let down SRS. Hopefully, she'll get voted out next time.

Reactions: ajb9

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
All I can say is she is a complete TIT !!!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes all to often !!!

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
It's our friend Katy Bourne, who's police force let down SRS. Hopefully, she'll get voted out next time.
Depending on the result of the election there may well not be a next time. Most of these people were elected on a derisory 15% or so turnout and have proved to be a waste of space and the job a failed political idea.

The next government will probably abolish them.

Reactions: axolotl

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
Yes, but can we discuss serious issues - like cat licensing. My neighbour`s cat contributes nothing to the maintenance of the streets he insists on lying in.

Reactions: NZgeek
D

Deleted member 4366

Are you sure? If you watch that cat series on BBC2 this week, it's very enlightening on what they get up to after dark. How many rats do you see in your garden? Have you got mice in the kitchen?

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
What I don't understand is why the government are proposing to restrict a trade union's right to implement industrial action with less than a 50% voter turn out, whilst simultaneously allowing a person to run a police force based on a 15% voter turn out.

The whole PCC thing is a complete mess which lacks any credibility or public confidence. Based on the way she dresses, I think it's champion (Tessa May) is undergoing some sort of life crisis. (Someone should tell her that special clothing shops exist for women of her age and shape.) The bicycle number plate idea is probably a consequence of a similar crisis.

Last edited:
Reactions: mountainsport

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
This debate seems to come up periodically, as neptune says Deja Vu.

So similar to the periodic debates that come up regarding number plates for mini-motos, off road motor-cycles, mobility scooters, etc. etc.

Bit like an itch & some politicians, best ignored & they normally go away.

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
Are you sure? If you watch that cat series on BBC2 this week, it's very enlightening on what they get up to after dark. How many rats do you see in your garden? Have you got mice in the kitchen?
Jim doesn't lower himself to rodents. He does however have a fan club amongst the local school kids who save their fish & meat sandwiches to feed to him. In addition to the three or four houses he dines in.
If he is ever on TV, it'll be Rough Traders.

axolotl

Pedelecer
May 8, 2014
Depending on the result of the election there may well not be a next time. Most of these people were elected on a derisory 15% or so turnout and have proved to be a waste of space and the job a failed political idea.

The next government will probably abolish them.
We can but hope...

Reactions: JohnCade

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
What I don't understand is why the government are proposing to restrict a trade union's right to implement industrial action with less than a 50% voter turn out, whilst simultaneously allowing a person to run a police force based on a 15% voter turn out.

The whole PCC thing is a complete mess which lacks any credibility or public confidence. Based on the way she dresses, I think it's champion (Tessa May) is undergoing some sort of life crisis. (Someone should tell her that special clothing shops exist for women of her age and shape.) The bicycle number plate idea is probably a consequence of a similar crisis.
LOL

MS.