Official Statement from YOSEPOWER regarding the "Triangle Battery Recall" Post

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I side with Yose. Some potential problem, either real or imagined has come to light, so a recall has been initiated either by them or a regulator, the some guy on a forum, who doesn't fully understand what's in front of him gives an invalid opinion, so Yose push back. That should be the end of it unless anyone has details of actual problems.

It reminds me of a meeting I was at between a large Chinese ebike factory and the owner of the largest worldwide brand of imported Chinese ebikes. They were discussing the problem of melted phase wires on the controller. The factory had solved it by using high grade ptfe coated wire, like Yose have in their battery. The overall diameter of the wires was much thinner. The owner of the brand was going nuts. He wouldn't listen to what they were trying to say, and the language barrier prevented them from explaining. He said that he wanted thicker wire, not thinner. I didn't want to intervene because I wasn't a participant in their meeting, but when it became clear that the situation was not getting resolved, I intervened and explained to the guy, and everything calmed down.

Reactions: Tony1951

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
I expect that Yospower is a medium to small business, trying to make a living out of making low cost batteries and selling e-bike motors. I don't think that when talking about their recall (on its own suggesting that they want to do right by their customers) we need to be dragging in the dodgy history of the Chinese Communist Party, Mid-nineteenth century British foreign policy, and Bloody Sunday. These I suggest, are entirely separate issues.

When the company has contacted their affected customers, I can understand the sensitivity of the people who work there to reputational damage by having it all over an e-bike forum. Rather than heavy handed Chinese government suppression, I think most likely that someone who works there, upset at their problem and trying to sort it out in the proper manner with those affected, suggested to Wheasyrider that more threads were not helping that much. It is a far smaller 'conspiracy' than some might think. I don't even think that word 'conspiracy' is right at all. My bet is that a person, who has spent ages supplying goods at the best price they can and standing behind them when they are less than good, is just really troubled by the prospect of the business's hard won reputation going down the pan.

Give them a break I say. If they don't sort out the problem, we have a very different situation, but that isn't what seems to be happening.
As you say Tony, it has a lot to do with cultural differences. In many east Asian countries it is a terrible thing to make a mistake, so if it happens, it must be concealed or down played. In the west, mistakes are more seen as being part of the learning process. In the long run, for a company it is far better to admit a mistake and show publicly it is being dealt with than to have it made public later that there was a cover up. For various reasons, it still does happen here, there are recent examples and it doesn't end well for the company.

Anyway, let's hope Yose power sort out these mistakes and move forward by making better batteries and demonstrate to people what they have done to improve things. I hope they will engage in frank and open discussion to do this.

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
I side with Yose. Some potential problem, either real or imagined has come to light, so a recall has been initiated either by them or a regulator, the some guy on a forum, who doesn't fully understand what's in front of him gives an invalid opinion, so Yose push back. That should be the end of it unless anyone has details of actual problems.

It reminds me of a meeting I was at between a large Chinese ebike factory and the owner of the largest worldwide brand of imported Chinese ebikes. They were discussing the problem of melted phase wires on the controller. The factory had solved it by using high grade ptfe coated wire, like Yose have in their battery. The overall diameter of the wires was much thinner. The owner of the brand was going nuts. He wouldn't listen to what they were trying to say, and the language barrier prevented them from explaining. He said that he wanted thicker wire, not thinner. I didn't want to intervene because I wasn't a participant in their meeting, but when it became clear that the situation was not getting resolved, I intervened and explained to the guy, and everything calmed down.
So, when you build a battery, do you run the main power cables right next to the sides of the cells? Do you fit it with a fuse that has a higher rating than that of the main wiring?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Anyway, let's hope Yose power sort out these mistakes and move forward by making better batteries and demonstrate to people what they have done to improve things. I hope they will engage in frank and open discussion to do this.
I doubt they'll engage like that. Why risk digging a deeper hole for themselves?

I think that this is the nature of fuses. They rely on heat to melt the fuse link, this takes time, time in which associated wiring is stressed. It's the main reason why mcb's are now used electrical installations instead of fuses. They are much more accurate and responsive.
Very interesting, I'll attempt finding MCBs on AliExpress suitable for ebike use.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
I doubt they'll engage like that. Why risk digging a deeper hole for themselves?

Very interesting, I'll attempt finding MCBs on AliExpress suitable for ebike use.
It's their chance to show what kind of company they are. I hope they do sort it. As it is, I'm left looking like an idiot as I recommended Yose power to my friend who bought the battery in the first place...It would be nice to be able to recommend a company without it coming back to bite you.

Be careful with these resettable circuit breakers from Ali Express, eBay etc. I have had some in the past and they have not done their job and cut power, or mechanically, they have fallen apart. Buyer beware...

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Be careful with these resettable circuit breakers from Ali Express, eBay etc. I have had some in the past and they have not done their job and cut power, or mechanically, they have fallen apart. Buyer beware...
Well that's just marvellous. I'll probably solder three fuses in series, to increase the odds of one working.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
It's their chance to show what kind of company they are
So they are a company then ? and not a branch of the Chinese government and Military as seemed to be implied in earlier posts.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
governments are corporations lol ,well ours are anyway registered at dun and Bradstreet ;)

Lily-YOSEPOWER

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 16, 2024
1. We are currently discussing technical issues and we do not post or respond to any comments about national discrimination.
2. The author's title and content are sufficiently misleading. Our products have sufficient patents to prove that they are different from UPP batteries, and there is no official information that Yose Power’s batteries have been recalled.
3. We are a professional electric bicycle battery manufacturer since 2011, our products have undergone strict testing and passed CE certification.
4. Technical Description: Teflon wire is a kind of wire made of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), which is widely used in various fields because of its excellent high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance and insulation properties. Heat resistant temperature. Teflon wires can withstand temperatures ranging from -180 ° C to +260 ° C; The maximum carrying capacity of the 2.5mm² Teflon line reaches 48A; And it can withstand 50A power for some time, so we are equipped with a 50A fuse. When the current reaches 50A, the fuse will disconnect the protection circuit. This is a technology fully recognized by our engineers and engineers from testing and certification agencies.
5. Rights Statement: We appreciate and accept suggestions from everyone, but when some non-professional technical explanations appear in public channels, we also have full rights to explain and protect our brand rights.

jamesporritt

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2021
Thin Red Wire: The wire mentioned in the post is a Teflon wire, specifically designed for its exceptional properties including high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, and insulation capabilities. Teflon wire is known for its durability and reliability, and it is highly unlikely to cause the described phenomenon. The wire can withstand extreme temperatures ranging from -180℃ to +260℃, and its maximum carrying capacity is 48A for the 2.5mm² size. Therefore, the concerns raised regarding this wire are unfounded.
4. Technical Description: Teflon wire is a kind of wire made of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), which is widely used in various fields because of its excellent high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance and insulation properties. Heat resistant temperature. Teflon wires can withstand temperatures ranging from -180 ° C to +260 ° C; The maximum carrying capacity of the 2.5mm² Teflon line reaches 48A; And it can withstand 50A power for some time, so we are equipped with a 50A fuse. When the current reaches 50A, the fuse will disconnect the protection circuit. This is a technology fully recognized by our engineers and engineers from testing and certification agencies.
How hot does this thin wire become?

jamesporritt

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2021
2. The author's title and content are sufficiently misleading. Our products have sufficient patents to prove that they are different from UPP batteries, and there is no official information that Yose Power’s batteries have been recalled.
There is free speech and irresponsible speech. It's a fine line to tread. I think I have made my point...and I am not silent.
Could you upload the recall message?

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
Just my opinion and therefore probably not worth a lot, but I don't think this discussion is leading anywhere useful.

The measure of a battery / electric motor company in my opinion, is whether or not most people are happy with the product they receive for the price they paid.

I have no personal experience of the products of this company, but as far as I know, people like them and think they have got what they paid for.

I would suggest, that unless a few of us have had really bad experience of buying and using these products, continuing to whinge on and demand information is probably harmful to a company producing a fair deal for its customers and working hard both to make a living and to sell useful products to the satisfaction of buyers.

If this is not the case and numbers of people have had bad experience, say so.

Otherwise - let's stop bitching about them.

jamesporritt

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2021
Just my opinion and therefore probably not worth a lot, but I don't think this discussion is leading anywhere useful.

The measure of a battery / electric motor company in my opinion, is whether or not most people are happy with the product they receive for the price they paid.

I have no personal experience of the products of this company, but as far as I know, people like them and think they have got what they paid for.

I would suggest, that unless a few of us have had really bad experience of buying and using these products, continuing to whinge on and demand information is probably harmful to a company producing a fair deal for its customers and working hard both to make a living and to sell useful products to the satisfaction of buyers.

If this is not the case and numbers of people have had bad experience, say so.

Otherwise - let's stop bitching about them.
What are the facts? User safety is more important than sparing the tender feelings of any company.