OH NO !!!! Wheel not turning !!!! Put under load !!! Help Yet Again!!!!!

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
Hi All

Just done small trip to shop and got no pedals at the moment due to derailler so ALL on motor.

Came back up a moderate hill as usual and then my steep hill of about 5m (which i usually pedal assist up) and it was if the back motor jammed up, felt the supply cable to motor and it was warm so must of been drawing high current.

Voltage fine on battery, tried different throttle etc, controller was 'very slightly warm' but nothing unusual.

Is there a thermal trip/overload anywhere or fuse on motor/controller.

Where do i start fault finding, check the balance of motor and to earth ?

Does the controller have a fuse/cut/thermal overload ??

Could i have blown a triac ?

ARRGGHH !!!!!

Again....lol

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
Well motor measures 0.3, 0.3 and 0.4 ohm, across three phases. Which seems low to me but ok.

Sacko

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2011
Take the controller apart. I would imagine the large trace on the bottom of the board has blown.

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
Yep, what,s the best repair for this, stranded wire, covered in solder ?

Or is iw worth using some 10 AWG stripped back at the points it connects to components, can not believe there is no protection !!!!

Shall i check anything else whilst open ?

Last edited:

Sacko

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2011
I had the same on my KU123 controller a while ago, I had a spare controller on the shelf, so just swapped it out.

Im surprised the traces aren't beefed up in anyway. Beef up the trace with the 10awg, and see what happens.

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
Still nothing, i tried it with case off and have an led which flashes 4 times then pause then four and so on.

I can hear i very light click from controller when i give an input though.

Last edited:

Sacko

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2011
Which controller do you have?

D

Deleted member 4366

I forgot to mention that if you use a 48v controller, it'll switch off when your battery reaches 38.5v, so you can only use half the capacity of your battery (10aH). Or, you can convert the controller to 36v by changing a resistor inside or, if you're lucky, by joining a couple of solder pads.

bilabonic

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2013
Yes, i shorted the red/orange wires. I also noticed the yellow and green where opposite on the hall sensor, tried it both ways and still nothing, got flashing LED on the pcb ???

When i disconnect them i lose the LED.

Last edited: