One hour to go for this cracking bike :)

D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks Fordulike. I think that £500 is a fair price. I'm happy with that, and I'm sure so will the buyer. I wonder if its a forum member?

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Thanks Fordulike. I think that £500 is a fair price. I'm happy with that, and I'm sure so will the buyer. I wonder if its a forum member?
It was nearly me, I just wasn't quick enough to add a bit more. My first time on EBay too. Never mind.

D

Deleted member 4366

The guy is a forum member, but not regular. I'll see him tomorrow.

los monty

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2013
Sorry Croxden it was me. My bid would have run out at £505.55 so there was not a lot in it. Suspect it will be much better build than most production bikes.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Sorry Croxden it was me. My bid would have run out at £505.55 so there was not a lot in it. Suspect it will be much better build than most production bikes.
It being a D8veh built bike made it worth going for, you should have lots of fun on it. Congratulations on winning.

Reactions: RobF

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
I would like to have a go putting a 10a load on my battery and do one of those graphs in your ad, how is it done? does it need special equip or could I use something knocking around my garage?

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Ebay will snap something like 10% + 4% paypal.

If its member here it should be direct transaction

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
The forum could have an auction section, but would it realise the best price?

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
There are all sorts of ways to create a large load. I'm not suggesting that this is perfect, but it might give you some ideas:
I needed to pull 5 or so amps from a 36v battery to test it. I was in my workshop, It was a hot summer day and I had a meter capable of measuring 10a, but no suitable load.

I wired the battery to a four way, mains extension lead. Then I connected another four, four ways to each socket on the first four way. 16 sockets.
I then began adding stuff to the sockets, and switching it on.

I ended up with four electric radiators, two kettles, a hot air gun and a soldering iron. Can't remember exactly how much current it was pulling, but it was around 5 amps.

Soon after my brother came into the workshop, enquiring after his kettle. He walked out shaking his head, my reputation for eccentricity fully intact.

D

Deleted member 4366

I would like to have a go putting a 10a load on my battery and do one of those graphs in your ad, how is it done? does it need special equip or could I use something knocking around my garage?
I have a proper battery tester that came from China. 10A at 40v is 400w, so you need a pretty good cooling system to get rid of the heat. It's like a convector heater.

tangent

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2010
When I wanted to test battery capacity, etc. a few years ago I wired up some dichroic MR16 bulbs. Each is 12V, so 2 in series is fine for a 24v battery, 3 for a 36V. 50W bulbs in series draws 4A, 35W 3A. If you want a higher draw, just wire up combinations in parallel, e.g. for a 36V battery if you want to draw 10A go for 3 X 50W in parallel with 2 lots of 3 X 35W. I put 240V lighting switches on to each string to avoid sparks when plugging together and control the draw.

p.s. Don't do this on your living room carpet, the bulbs do get very hot!

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
The forum could have an auction section, but would it realise the best price?
No I don't think it would

But more than that I'm opinion that this forum is for helping not realising max cash. I have both received and given parts for free and for small sums ( less than cost)

I've also renovated a couple of bikes and sold them on ( I prefer Gumtree as free and face to face). I wanted some profit for my efforts to fund further e bike experiments !

One of the reasons. I love this forum is the helpfulness and generosity of those frequenting it.

In ebikes, as in life, there is a place for hard nosed business. ! But I think the forum would lose something a bit special if that mind set came here