Oslo Offers Citizens $1,200 to Buy an E-Bike

Alias_Knagg

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 27, 2017
Norway
And in case anybody wondered how that went, the whole budget allocation for this program got snapped up in a few days. Almost exclusively by people in the most well to do neighbourhoods. You had to buy first and apply to get your 10k NOK back. (I'd say most ebikes are 20-30k nok at the moment) Not everyone has that kind of money on hand and can have it tied up in paperwork for months :-/
In other news: It's expensive to be poor.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And in case anybody wondered how that went, the whole budget allocation for this program got snapped up in a few days. Almost exclusively by people in the most well to do neighbourhoods. You had to buy first and apply to get your 10k NOK back. (I'd say most ebikes are 20-30k nok at the moment) Not everyone has that kind of money on hand and can have it tied up in paperwork for months :-/
In other news: It's expensive to be poor.
We have a similar UK subsidy on buying electric cars. It was £5000, now reduced to £4500, but due to the high initial cost of e-cars it's the wealthy who can afford to buy them who benefit.

• Informative
Reactions: robdon and mw1

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
We have a similar UK subsidy on buying electric cars. It was £5000, now reduced to £4500, but due to the high initial cost of e-cars it's the wealthy who can afford to buy them who benefit.
Have you had yours yet flecc?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Have you had yours yet flecc?
No, the problem of getting electricity laid on for the charge point proved almost insurmountable. Something about knocking down other properties, people can be so unco-operative.

• Informative
Reactions: robdon

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
No, the problem of getting electricity laid on for the charge point proved almost insurmountable. Something about knocking down other properties, people can be so unco-operative.
It's a shame, but if they wanted to knock down my properties I'd grumble a bit despite having a liking for electric cars.

Reactions: flecc

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
There's a NIMBY in every street. ;)

Reactions: robdon and flecc