Out today on the Batribike Folder

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
The roads had dried out so I took the Batribike Quartz out for a 10 mile run for the first time since the bad weather disappeared . I`d forgotten what a comfy ride it is with the front telescopic forks and the seat post suspension , especially given the state of the roads . My Holux pocket GPS told me that I had reached 22.2 mph down a gentle slope . These E Bikes do enable you to enjoy the ride , especially into a 12 mph wind from the West like today , without getting puffed or working up a sweat . On a gentle hill where I would dismount on my conventional Folder , I flew up in 7th gear and Maximum assist .
A few miles into the ride I realised I`d forgotten my reflective waistcoat and then I remembered that my new Bikehut bag had a yellow waterproof cover . I unzipped this from the underside pocket and had a nice yellow cover to be easily seen .
I originally posted that the Batribike was so well finished that it was good enough to go on the mantlepiece .Well it isn`t on the mantlepiece but is in the front room ! I had it covered by a plastic sheet in my Timber/Asbestos Garage and noticed yesterday that it was covered in condensation after a week of continuous rain . I wiped it over with a paper kitchen towel and the wife suggested to bring it inside until the weather gets drier . I know it`s a lovely laquered finish over polished alloy , but moisture and alloy don`t normally go well together .
Good riding to all Ebike enthusiasts out there !