Oxydrive CST set for sale 700cc, new Motor

daenny

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2015
Hi,

I am selling my Oxydrive CST set. The build log of the original set is here:
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/which-motor-kit-to-get-bafang-cst-or-xiongda-36v-or-48v.21169/page-2

I had a Hall sensor issue with the original motor, so it got replaced with a new Bafang CST. In the mean time I have changed the motor for a Woosh GSM middrive with a VESC controller, so the set is for sale.

It has:
- new (!) Bafang CST motor in 700cc wheel. Dished rim.
- a 11.2Ah 36V battery, about 50 cycles I would guess
- PAS, Throttle, Controller, Display, brakes, charger.
The controller has an additional hole drilled for the mounting it lower (see my build log)
I can add the cyclezee torque arm as well.

I kept one of the original brakes, but I added a Wuxing brake instead and soldered the original cable on it (see Pictures).
2016-09-10 16.44.37.jpg2016-09-10 16.44.41.jpg2016-09-10 16.44.57.jpg2016-09-10 16.45.54.jpg2016-09-10 16.46.18.jpg2016-09-10 16.46.33.jpg2016-09-10 16.46.39.jpg2016-09-10 16.46.50.jpg2016-09-10 16.46.55.jpg2016-09-10 16.48.03.jpg
I would ask for 350 GBP for everything.
Preferably pickup in Liverpool area, but I can ship at the buyers expenses.

Cheers,

Daniel

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Hi Daniel

Apologies for hijacking as I'm not looking to purchase.

I have an early gsm and am considering another. But what is a VESC controller ? And what does it do compared to internal stock controller ?

Many thanks
Kirstin

daenny

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2015
I never had the internal stock controller so I cannot compare.
The VESC is an open source/open hardware controller, which was developed for electric skateboards, but can also be used for e-bikes.
The advantage is, you can change basically everything, which is also the disadvantage, since you have to fiddle around a bit. It is also no dedicated "pedelec" controller, so there is no direct way to add throttle, e-brakes, display, etc.
However, it is great if you want to add an additional controller anyway (e.g. cycle analyst, or the German "ForumsController"). I use the latter, with a self-build display.
The ForumsController is basically a Cycle Analyst built with an Arduino instead, so again, you can program everything yourself.
Some info about the ForumsController is here:
http://www.pedelecforum.de/wiki/doku.php?id=elektrotechnik:forumscontroller
You can find some information about the display that I have built (in German) here:
http://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/forumscontroller-eine-display-diskussion.16947/page-8

So to summarize, if you like programming, building some hardware and want to be able to control everything, this setup is great. If you want "plug and play" definitely not. Then I would suggest some normal pedelec controller.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I never had the internal stock controller so I cannot compare.
The VESC is an open source/open hardware controller, which was developed for electric skateboards, but can also be used for e-bikes.
The advantage is, you can change basically everything, which is also the disadvantage, since you have to fiddle around a bit. It is also no dedicated "pedelec" controller, so there is no direct way to add throttle, e-brakes, display, etc.
However, it is great if you want to add an additional controller anyway (e.g. cycle analyst, or the German "ForumsController"). I use the latter, with a self-build display.
The ForumsController is basically a Cycle Analyst built with an Arduino instead, so again, you can program everything yourself.
Some info about the ForumsController is here:
http://www.pedelecforum.de/wiki/doku.php?id=elektrotechnik:forumscontroller
You can find some information about the display that I have built (in German) here:
http://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/forumscontroller-eine-display-diskussion.16947/page-8

So to summarize, if you like programming, building some hardware and want to be able to control everything, this setup is great. If you want "plug and play" definitely not. Then I would suggest some normal pedelec controller.
Bognor.. That almost looked really interesting but then I realised my German was shizer.

• :D
Reactions: anotherkiwi

daenny

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2015
Haha yeah, maybe Google Translate can help :)..
But if I find the time this weekend, I will do another build thread with the mentioned things. I still have one more cable to hide inside the tube, so I have to take the bundle apart again, hopefully I will not forget to take some pictures :).
But back to the topic, anyone interested in the stuff? I am willing to take offers.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Haha yeah, maybe Google Translate can help :)..
But if I find the time this weekend, I will do another build thread with the mentioned things. I still have one more cable to hide inside the tube, so I have to take the bundle apart again, hopefully I will not forget to take some pictures :).
But back to the topic, anyone interested in the stuff? I am willing to take offers.
Can I replace my control circuits and display on the BBS 01 with your gear?
I don't need the wheel as I run 26' with disk rear and 20' front wheel:confused:

daenny

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2015
Can I replace my control circuits and display on the BBS 01 with your gear?
Just to be sure, I am selling my Oxydrive set, not my VESC + custom ForumsController.
You probably could replace the BBS01 controller with either, but using the Oxydrive Lishui controller with the BBS01 will probably only make things more difficult and you won't gain anything.
I am pretty sure that you can replace it also with a VESC + ForumsController combination, but that would require some work and tinkering.
There is actually a new thread on endless-spheres of someone who did it with the BBS02, not much details though:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=83947

daenny

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2015
But to get back on topic, I would accept 300 pounds for the set.
This is half price of what you would pay right now, and the motor is brand new!

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
That's a very good price for someone Daenny

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
if it was 26" I'd bite yer arm off!

daenny

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2015
You can re-lace it in a 26 rim and you would probably still be cheaper off than buying a new set ;)

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
I know, I know, but I have some other projects on the go and don't have the time..

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The cst if the same as mine is a code 13 270rpm version initially for 26" rims and is good for 24mph with the Oxy controller kit, goes a tad more in 700c but only a wee tad more.
20- 30 mins to lace and 20-30 mins to true not much time really needed.

daenny

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2015
Mine is code 10 (according to the marking on the motor, see second picture). The previous one I had was also code 10 and could get me to 36kph easily. This motor seems a little bigger, so I would guess plenty of torque.
No one interested in this bargain? I need some space :p

daenny

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2015
Up for the weekend. I might put it on eBay if it's not sold by Monday.

Summary: 300 GBP excl. shipping for a quasi new Oxydrive CST set!

D

Deleted member 4366

If it helps, this is the difference between that Oxydrive kit and a normal 15 mph 250w ebike (Volt brand). Bear in mind that Amy, who ended up on the floor gasping for breath, is an Olympic athlete. About 10 seconds in, you can see jason going approximately twice as fast. They didn't show any of this when they put it on TV!

daenny

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2015
Sold to a new member of the forum.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing