Oxygen emate 3 months later....

ricoghardforth

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2014
Rotherham
Any tips how to get the rear wheel back into the drop outs fully on this bike. I've already removed the disc calipers as I,be already stratch the frame once. Even when I get the lugs on the washers lined up it doesn't want to drop the last 6-7 mm. Next thing i'm going to do is see if there's a quick release link and remove chain to see if that makes it easier. I've no stand and have bike inverted on a sheet and blocks of wood so I don't knock display. Once I get it so far should I put it right way and see if weight of bike slots wheel in fully.

ricoghardforth

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2014
Rotherham
Just had another look and think i've been a bit of an numpty and not paid attention when removing the wheels and the lugs on the washer don't slot into drop outs first they face the other way. Its all back together with some schwalbe big ben road tyres on now beam rack and trunk bag ready for my comute next week. Just need to find a front mudgaurd which looks good now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Just had another look and think i've been a bit of an numpty and not paid attention when removing the wheels and the lugs on the washer don't slot into drop outs first they face the other way. Is this right?
It's dificult to understand what you mean. The wheel should just slot in if there's nothing stopping it.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
It's dificult to understand what you mean. The wheel should just slot in if there's nothing stopping it.
I assume he means the lug on the anti rotation washer. Normally this would be fitted in to the open end of the drop out.

ricoghardforth

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2014
Rotherham
Mikes correct I was trying to fit the wheel with the lugs of the anti rotation washer slotting into the drop out first. Once I removed the other washers and the nuts I could see that it wasn't going to go in that way. Really should be more observant when stripping down.

Reactions: Alan Quay

ricoghardforth

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2014
Rotherham
Can you guys with the oxygen MTB confirm that the left hard rear break lever does have a working micro switch which turns off assist. My right hand front break does this and you can actually hear the click. Swapping the wires over left to right on cut offs same fault front still cuts off assist rear does not so wires to controller ok.

D

Deleted member 4366

Can you write the last sentence again with proper grammar? It doesn't make any sense, so I can't help you.

Reactions: Bigdaddyuk666

ricoghardforth

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2014
Rotherham
Sorry last sentence was rushed as had the other half nagging at me to take my daughter to brownies.
Swapping the cables over from left hand lever to right hand lever didn't move fault. The right front break level still cut off power the left rear break lever still did nothing. Not sure if the bike has been like this since I got it or if micro switch has failed.

D

Deleted member 4366

I think if you look carefully, only one brake lever has a sensor in it. That's how it's designed. You only need one brake switch.

ricoghardforth

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2014
Rotherham
So why does controlled have two inputs and wires going to both levers.
Is it so if it went to Europe where the break levels are reversed the micro switch can be fitted to the left so it's still only on front break.

PhilYerBoots

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2011
Wallasey, Wirral.
Collected my Oxygen MTB on Monday night from Absolute Bikes and had a cracking first ride on it last night (was tipping it down Monday night..:()

I'll have to check my brake levers later and report back. I think both levers cut the power..but there's definitely a cut-out wire coming from both.

Can I ask what kickstands people have fitted to these bikes..? Ricoghardforth's stand in his photo looks pretty sturdy. I like the look of the Pletchsher double stand where both legs park to the side under the chainstay..neat solution. Anybody use one of these and is it likely to fit the Oxy MTB..?
Looking at racks, I notice Pete666 has fitted a 'normal' rack but as there's no threaded lugs on the rear frame drop-outs how did you fit that Pete ? Can you post some close-up photos of your fixing points please. Also which make of rack is that and is it a disc brake specific model..?
I'll post some of my own photos once I've made some changes and observations on the bike after a few more rides.

PhilYerBoots

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2011
Wallasey, Wirral.
Cheers Ronny. Just got off the phone to Oxygen to check and spoke to the owner John, who said some bikes arrived without the stands so he's going to courier me one out today. Top bloke !

Reactions: Ronnyuk