Oxygen EMate Race 2011 (New).

MyPump

Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2010
Oxygen Emate Race 2011
I have not had the chance to write an update/review on my brand new Oxygen Emate which is absolutely superb.
I started looking for an e-bike last year and viewed many different cycles all having plus and minus points as with everything but I particularly wanted a bike which looked sporty/fast and of course high spec so came across the guys at Oxygen. I was initially interested in their old style e-bike which also looked great but spoke to them on a few occasions and decided to wait for the release of their new bikes which was only a month or so ago. I have Type 1 Diabetes and have been riding a short commute to work of 4 miles each way but still found it hard going after a long day at work and also it was burning a lot of carbohydrates which for someone with Diabetes can be a serious problem. Riding my Oxygen Emate Race 2011 has made such a difference to my work comute that it only takes me 15 minutes to get home with a mixture of throttle only and pedal assist, the battery seems to last all week but I have a top up charge mid week as it can make a slight difference to the power. I ended up speaking to some great people within the e-bike industry all of which have been very helpful indeed including Wisper Bikes, Cytronex, Ultra Motor etc and each of these companies have a great selection of high quality bikes.
Down to the exciting stuff !!
Oxygen Emate Race 2011.
·******** Designed for off road
·******** 37V 15Ah Lithium Polymer battery pack
·******** 250W 8FUN Bafang motor
·******** Shimano Deore LX deraillur
·******** Bengal Performance disc brakes
·******** 3 power modes + throttle

The bike has a black matt finish which looks very impressive indeed and certainly one of the best paint finishes I have seen, this also makes the e-bike look very modern indeed and takes you away from that traditional looking electric cycle.

So to sumarise the New Oxygen EMate Race 2011 is a superb built quality e-bike and surpases my expectations - well done to the team at Oxygen.