Oxygen OxyDrive CST HT Kit

Tubamanandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
After Dave's tv excursion on Monday night, only just had time to have a close look at the OxyDrive CST HT kit that was fitted to the Boardman.

Pretty impressed with the quality of the kit to be honest. I guess if you stuck that on a decent bike and were prepared to do the work for yourself you could have a decent fast road e-bike for around £1100-1200.....which is exactly what Dave has done and shown on the Gadget Show.

Anyone done something similar with an Oxygen kit ?

Personally, would like to stick one on a good quality Hybrid bike but which make/model ??

AndyOfTheSouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2009
Hello. I bought one of these kits on the advice of d8veh (Thanks again, Dave). It is excellent and Oxydrive gives very good, prompt support.

It is fitted to a Merida Crossway 20, a good quality hybrid which seems to be widely available for £400, though I managed to get it for £360. I think it is a good match for the Oxydrive kit. The bike is excellent for road and light off-roading. It only shows its limitations on very rough terrain where a proper mountain bike would be better.

Reactions: Tubamanandy

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
After Dave's tv excursion on Monday night, only just had time to have a close look at the OxyDrive CST HT kit that was fitted to the Boardman.

Pretty impressed with the quality of the kit to be honest. I guess if you stuck that on a decent bike and were prepared to do the work for yourself you could have a decent fast road e-bike for around £1100-1200.....which is exactly what Dave has done and shown on the Gadget Show.

Anyone done something similar with an Oxygen kit ?

Personally, would like to stick one on a good quality Hybrid bike but which make/model ??
I bought one and stuck it on a btwin triban (budget racer from decathlon),I'm happy with the kit - very,it cruises at around 26 mph in a 700c wheel and a very steep hill only becomes undoable when I had an all up weight of over 110 kg on the bike. When I bought it wiggle were selling half decent kona 29er mountain bikes with good shocks and decent hydraulic brakes and its what I should have bought - circa 299 pound then: I really miss shocks and hydraulic brakes with average speed above 20

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Michael aka mfj197 on here has a nice Cube Pro SL flat bar road bike fitted with BBS that looks really neat.

mfj197

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Guildford
Thanks Nealh, yes, the Cube makes an excellent conversion. I looked long and hard for a suitable bike, including sitting on a couple of the Boardmans. The Cube ticked all the boxes for me and I don't see why it wouldn't take a CST just as well as it did the BBS01 crank drive. Conversion thread here.

Michael

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
Thanks Nealh, yes, the Cube makes an excellent conversion. I looked long and hard for a suitable bike, including sitting on a couple of the Boardmans. The Cube ticked all the boxes for me and I don't see why it wouldn't take a CST just as well as it did the BBS01 crank drive. Conversion thread here.

Michael
dear all, last night i tried to retighten one of teh nuts holding teh battery to teh downtube and it (predictably) stripped it's aluminium housing's thread. it was a long time coming - the bike (an dold aluminium racer) simply vibrates too much and thsi causes a whole host of problems (everything vibrates loose). I decided to transfer teh kit to something else. If i had a few hundred pounds floating around i'd probably get a steel mountain bike of some sort. But truthfully i prefer some sort of sit up and beg town bike with a step through frame. But it needs to be in steel (i simply prefer the feel of a steel bike and teh ruggedness) and have shocks and disc brakes. Do any of you know of something like this? And cheaper would be better of course. Many thanks

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014