Pannier - With Wheels!!

Ettica

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2008
Heskin Lancashire
Someone asked me for panniers with wheels for their Pedego.

We both scoured the netweb thingy and we could only find one, by Relaxaday (or something) that was on Amazon but 'unavailable'

So I ..... Made one for her! :)

wheelypan3.jpgwheelypan1.jpgwheelypan2.jpg

hopper_rider

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2012
Thats come out ok. Well done.

Bet its a bit heavier than a regular pannier. But much easier to transport.

ship69

Just Joined
Feb 26, 2016
Someone asked me for panniers with wheels for their Pedego.

We both scoured the netweb thingy and we could only find one, by Relaxaday (or something) that was on Amazon but 'unavailable'

So I ..... Made one for her! :)

View attachment 6263View attachment 6264View attachment 6265
This is absolutely brilliant. After MUCH searching you have built exactly what I want. It looks like there is nothing commercially available anywhere that gives you an overnight/cabin bag with wheels AND a good panier combined so I will need to buy the components and build it myself.

What component parts did you buy?
And what lessons have you learned / what improvements to your core design would you make?

e.g. It occurs to me for one thing that the cabin bag would need to be extremely waterproof in the case of it raining

J

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
e.g. It occurs to me for one thing that the cabin bag would need to be extremely waterproof in the case of it raining
You could use a backpack rain cover to protect it.

ship69

Just Joined
Feb 26, 2016
You could use a backpack rain cover to protect it.
Yes that would help a bit, although it's a serious soaking off the back wheel itself that would worry me, and that would be coming from the same direction as the place where the bag connects to the bike... so tricky to get the cover to protect at that point.