Panniers on a Tonaro

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
I am sure I read a thread about panniers on a Tonaro recently and thought I would share this with you.

Putting panniers on a Tonaro is very easy to do.

I "borrowed" Jannies seat post rack from her racing bike and put it on my Enduro and my Ortileb bags just clipped straight on. I secured the bottom end with an elastic band because that is what I had to hand at the time but sorting something else out would be easy enough. Even without the elastic band the bags did not move.

To remove the battery you take the bags off and loosen the seat post rack and swing it to the side. A 30 second job in total as long as you have cleaned and copper slipped the threads on the fastenings.

You can buy seat post racks with pannier racks attached but they are usually more expensive than this simple aluminium rack. Plus, you would need to remove it completely to get the battery off.

Easy job sorted.

Steve

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Nice job :)

Jerry

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
I am sure I read a thread about panniers on a Tonaro recently and thought I would share this with you.

Putting panniers on a Tonaro is very easy to do.

I "borrowed" Jannies seat post rack from her racing bike and put it on my Enduro and my Ortileb bags just clipped straight on. I secured the bottom end with an elastic band because that is what I had to hand at the time but sorting something else out would be easy enough. Even without the elastic band the bags did not move.

To remove the battery you take the bags off and loosen the seat post rack and swing it to the side. A 30 second job in total as long as you have cleaned and copper slipped the threads on the fastenings.

You can buy seat post racks with pannier racks attached but they are usually more expensive than this simple aluminium rack. Plus, you would need to remove it completely to get the battery off.

Easy job sorted.

Steve
Wow Steve that is excellent,i have been messing about with mine today but yours look awesome well done my friend ,the enduro is looking like the star it is my friend,well done and very best wishes Brian