Paul from Cambridgeshire

FenRam

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 9, 2014
Hi to all.
Overweight with dodgy knees I decided that an electric bike would be the thing for me - can still cycle but take the strain off when needed.

Looking to cycle about 12 miles to work a couple of times a week, looking for something robust enough to cope with fen roads any my weight around 19 stone !!!! - budget of 1k - any advice greatly appreciated.

FenRam

Mar 9, 2014
Thanks for the recommendation - the Big Bear is a cracking looking machine that's for sure.

D

Deleted member 4366

They're selling like hot-cakes, apparently, so you better get your order in quickly. i've heard that they only have white ones left (Polar Bears?).

FenRam

Mar 9, 2014
One thing I have noticed is that the Woosh bikes are only recommended for people up to 95kg ....I'm 120kg

FenRam

Mar 9, 2014
There's also a woosh supplier in Cambridge so may take a look

D

Deleted member 4366

I wouldn't take too much notice of that weight limit. I'm 100kg (naked) and I've ridden one with full winter gear including steel toe-cap shoes plus a few kg of shopping.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Also, you will loss weight when you are out for cycling :)
I do not think there is an issue

mijak

Pedelecer
Jan 17, 2014
ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Hi to all.
Overweight with dodgy knees I decided that an electric bike would be the thing for me - can still cycle but take the strain off when needed.

Looking to cycle about 12 miles to work a couple of times a week, looking for something robust enough to cope with fen roads any my weight around 19 stone !!!! - budget of 1k - any advice greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum I wish I was still on fen roads around here its non stop hills just like living in a giant egg box. enjoy your bike whatever you get, I love mine, maybe I'll come back home to the fens one day, atb, Mike.

C

Cyclezee

One thing I have noticed is that the Woosh bikes are only recommended for people up to 95kg ....I'm 120kg
We have customer who weighs over 150Kg and the bike hasn't broken........yet:eek: