Paul, from Wallington

cr3

Just Joined
Aug 5, 2011
Heyo!

I've commissioned this lovely custom bike, and the builder has just finished it!

http://i.imgur.com/0nK6P.jpg

It's got a 36V 500W Bafang motor, a 36V 15AH LiFePO4 battery (which will go in my rucksack), and a detachable controller which is sitting under the back seat there.

I'm going to be using it to commute from Wallington to London. Quite an undertaking!

I'm sure I'll need advice soon. I should be taking delivery of it tonight. I'm very excited!

Cheers!

Alan B

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2011
Yatton
Hi Paul,

Looks a neat setup, and presumably bike weight is low.

Will be interesting to hear about speed and range once you get going.

That battery's going to be quite chunky isn't it, have you prepared a special rucksack to carry ?

cheers,

Alan

cr3

Just Joined
Aug 5, 2011
Hey Alan!

The bike should weigh around 21-23kg, including battery.
I've not really considered a special rucksack, just a normal one should hopefully be okay, but it is larger than I thought it would be! It's 22cm wide, 10cm long and 15cm deep, and that's without considering the tupperware protection system ;)

The bike's builder has tried it on a circuit and it's happily hit 25mph, so it should be quite nippy. I'll only be doing that offroad, of course - wouldn't want to become a statistic by flying so fast through London traffic.

I'm just hoping the range is greater than my 15 mile commute length! It should get 20-30, but you never know...

Cheers!

D

Deleted member 4366

The motor in the photo looks suspiciously like a 250w motor. The 500w one is much larger. If it is 250w, there's no way you're going to be cruising round at 25mph! I hope you haven't been done.