Pedelecs getting attacked again?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
My Norton internet security suite keeps picking up a website attack, whenever I've visited Pedelecs in the past few days.
Seem to remember we had problems with invaders a while back.

Anyone else's virus software picking this up?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The site has crashed my browser on three occasions in the last two days when entering, a pedelecs only problem. We also suffered some weird things with faulty quote attributions for a short while yesterday, so clearly something is wrong.

iaing

Pedelecer
May 27, 2008
L31
I have Norton 360 and it registers no problems with the site. And the site is working properly for me.

jhruk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
Yes, strange behavior and Avast warnings of Malicious URLs Blocked :

Infection Details

URL:
'http://usnhowko.doesntexist.com/news/'
Process:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
Infection:
URL:Mal

and:

Infection Details

URL:http://orderkoihow.dnsalias.com/news/ora...
Process:C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
Infection:URL:Mal

Last edited:

AlMel

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2013
Essonne, France
Norton; everything hunky-dory

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Apple Mac

What Virus ?

:D

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
just scanned computer, nothing showing, Google chrome working well with pedelecs.

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
It appears to be a 'rogue' version of Java which is attempting to install via the Pedelecs website. This is NOT from Oracle and I suspect if it is installed your browser will be compromised.

Kaspersky thinks it's a phishing app - probably it will capture passwords, etc.

Rog.

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
AVG (free one,lol) no problems... I was having 'slow' issue a month or so ago but all's been well since.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Firefox now reports that the intermittent browser crashes on clicking the "What's new" link are being caused by the pedelecs website. As Rog says, it could well be due to something attempting an installation via the pedelecs site.

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
Kaspersky says it's something to do with Java ?
I didn't say that - what happens here is that a 'Java update' panel pops up, but it isn't in the usual format and the URL appears to be bogus (as quoted in the earlier posts by others). It also brings up the Java console.

Kaspersky blocks it so it can't install. It is still trying each time I run Pedelecs for the first time after a reboot of the machine. I'd hazard a guess that it's a frame-based exploit via the browser and so it would probably not be seen by most straightforward AV programs unless they check for dodgy URLs within browser frames. It might also not work in Chrome or Internet Explorer - it certainly does in Firefox which I normally use..

Kaspersky also says it's a 'phishing' app.

My other security programs - MalWareBytes and Spybot - have not detected it but that's what I would expect if Kaspersky has blocked it.

Rog.