people completly unaware anyone else is on cycle path/canal path etc

it is i footpump

Pedelecer
Jul 6, 2018
hi all I am sure I am not the only person whilst riding find someone on a canal toepath or cycle path so immersed in phoning or texing they have no idea anyone is behind them.

today on a offroad cycle path which is quite narrow in places, a jogger was in front of me ,
and using headphones, I was carring 2 locks in a plastic box which makes a fairly loud rattle, twice shouted excuse me, sounded m y electric cycle horn . but the bloke was completely oblivious to it all.

in the end passed him when the path was a little wider

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
same here and some ppl think they own the path and stand in the middle of it and wont move a inch.

the 3 that have tried it so far have all ended up on there ass one way or another so top tip point ur brake levers at the floor so you can give um a good whack with the handle bars :D

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
hi all I am sure I am not the only person whilst riding find someone on a canal toepath or cycle path so immersed in phoning or texing they have no idea anyone is behind them.

today on a offroad cycle path which is quite narrow in places, a jogger was in front of me ,
and using headphones, I was carring 2 locks in a plastic box which makes a fairly loud rattle, twice shouted excuse me, sounded m y electric cycle horn . but the bloke was completely oblivious to it all.

in the end passed him when the path was a little wider
If you want to walk around with earphones making you functionally deaf, put a bloomin' great QR code on your back encoding your phone number. Then we can ring up and shout "Get out of the way!" - adding whatever other juicy phrases are required.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Yep, it's at flipping epidemic proportions down here :rolleyes:

More bemusing when they're walking towards you. I stopped the other day when three people were taking up the full width of a 10' wide cycle path, walking towards me. Pretty young lady walked straight into the front of my bike and seemed astonished I was there. Bright, sunny day, I'm 6'4" and wearing my dayglo green Altura cycling jacket. Planes heading for Gatwick use me as a way-marker, but I'm invisible to a twenty something with the latest phone to look at. Forgive them, for they know not what they do. Numpties.

Gaz

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I love the fact you have more control of your dog without a lead, than most do with:D
The woman whose husky attacked my dog shouted "Why isn't he on a lead!?"
He ended up lying under her husky and both were wrapped up in her long leash. I said "He is love, yours!" :eek:

Now, I told my dog to calm, as he has the devil in him when pushed and he's fit for purpose in many disciplines. Then I asked her to unravel them as my dog lay underneath looking at me for my continued approval to remain calm. So yes, control is not being on a lead. Control is just that. Although, he is an anomaly in the usual canine behavioural picture. Ultra disciplined. :).. Well so far, so good anyhow. :D

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I think a lot of people perceive a dog off the lead as running wild and not under control, but the reality is that a lot that are, the owner has no control, especially on 15' of string! The woman with the 2 dogs doing the "magic roundabout dance" on your video shows the big difference between discipline and control, sadly, she didn't seem to have either.:D