Ping batteries

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
Has anyone had any experience of getting Mr. Ping to custom-make a battery to fit in an existing battery case? I ask because, when the time comes to replace my present battery, it would seem more sensible to have one that could slot into the existing holder and use the existing connector, etc.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I understand that he is willing to try, but since LiFePO4 cells are larger for a given capacity than li-ion or lipo cells, a fit within existing cases is often impractical at a usable capacity.

ghostrain

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 21, 2010
Kudos batteries-LifePo4

We intentionally have ordered an excess of batteries to service our new Kudos cycle range,because we are happy to also supply our batteries as replacements for competitors cycles,if they will fit...our 36vx10Ah LifePo4 battery is priced currently at £208.80 incl vat,we will also have a 36vx16 Ah battery at £287.00 incl vat.
We think that it is the high cost of replacement batteries that is often the deterrent to initially purchase an electric bike so we are determined that these battery prices will fall. Our battery supplier has indicated that he is more than willing to manufacture replacements,on a similar price scale,to suit any popular electric bike.
Kudos is determined to reduce the cost of both e-bikes and batteries so that the concept of electric bicycles is more mass market affordable-quality product is not that expensive when it leaves China but the margins demanded by the importers and retailers pushes the retail prices up to levels out of character with the simplicity of the product.