Planet X Loxley E-Bike £850 after discount code online

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK

Use 15% discount code at checkout PXBANK15 (valid until Mon night)

Also step thru model same price

Don't expect much support other than return if an issue within warranty, and I've not heard anything about this motor, but might be worth a looking at if funds are tight and the bike suits your needs and you're not interested in the cheapo ebay/amazon/sports direct cheap ebikes

The Planet X Loxley E-Bike is a versatile power assisted bike with long battery life, confident Shimano shifting and powerful hydraulic brakes. On a single charge the 374Wh battery provides up to 70 miles of pedalling assistance at speeds up to 15.5mph. The Acer Xplova rear hub motor provides 5 levels of support, ensuring you have the perfect amount of pedal assistance whenever you need it.
The Lightweight alloy frame supports the sleek integrated battery whilst alloy forks confident steering. With front and rear mudguard compatibility, the riding doesnt have to stop when the rain starts. 9 speed Shimano M3100 Alivio gearing provides reliable and precise gear changes whilst Radius Hydraulic disc brakes ensure smooth and controlled braking. 40mm wide Kenda tyres give reassured grip on a range of terrains plus added puncture resistance.
The fully integrated battery and internal cabling offers clean lines and enhanced weather protection. The battery is removed with a key for security. Both battery and rear hub motor weights are carefully positioned to ensure a balanced ride. Battery capacity of 374Wh / 10.4Ah and a range of up to 70 miles on one charge offer enhanced, worry-free support to help you go the distance. The battery charges in just 2 hours (6 hours initial charge)
The Planet Loxley E-Bike is powered by the Acer Xplova 250W rear hub electric motor system. Providing 45NM of effortless torque with the superb reliability you can expect from Acer. As required by law, the motor will automatically stop assisting once the speed of 15.5mph is achieved. Easy to use LED head unit offers 5 levels of assistance to ensure the correct level of power assist is supplied in the most economical way.
The Planet X Loxley E-Bike is supplied 99% assembled. Simply charge, rotate and tighten the handlebar and attach the included pedals to begin your journey. (4mm and 6mm Hex/Allen wrench required) Fitted with a sturdy kickstand for storage or just popping in the shop and reflectors supplied for a enhanced visibility

Note: The total travel distance will depend on rider and luggage weight, power settings and riding style. UK Charger plug supplied.

Size Guide

• Small / Medium = 52cm Seat Tube - 5 4 to 5 9
  • Large / X Large = 56cm Seat Tube - 5 10 to 6 3

Weight approx. 19.5kg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The 70 miles is wishful thinking for the average person, one expects it is doable if it is ridden with no assist for part half of the 70miles.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
The 70 miles is wishful thinking for the average person, one expects it is doable if it is ridden with no assist for part half of the 70miles.
Yep, most likely to be closer to 40 miles using the lower assist modes

Scaramanga_007

Just Joined
Sep 2, 2022

Use 15% discount code at checkout PXBANK15 (valid until Mon night)

Also step thru model same price

Don't expect much support other than return if an issue within warranty, and I've not heard anything about this motor, but might be worth a looking at if funds are tight and the bike suits your needs and you're not interested in the cheapo ebay/amazon/sports direct cheap ebikes

View attachment 48642

The Planet X Loxley E-Bike is a versatile power assisted bike with long battery life, confident Shimano shifting and powerful hydraulic brakes. On a single charge the 374Wh battery provides up to 70 miles of pedalling assistance at speeds up to 15.5mph. The Acer Xplova rear hub motor provides 5 levels of support, ensuring you have the perfect amount of pedal assistance whenever you need it.
The Lightweight alloy frame supports the sleek integrated battery whilst alloy forks confident steering. With front and rear mudguard compatibility, the riding doesnt have to stop when the rain starts. 9 speed Shimano M3100 Alivio gearing provides reliable and precise gear changes whilst Radius Hydraulic disc brakes ensure smooth and controlled braking. 40mm wide Kenda tyres give reassured grip on a range of terrains plus added puncture resistance.
The fully integrated battery and internal cabling offers clean lines and enhanced weather protection. The battery is removed with a key for security. Both battery and rear hub motor weights are carefully positioned to ensure a balanced ride. Battery capacity of 374Wh / 10.4Ah and a range of up to 70 miles on one charge offer enhanced, worry-free support to help you go the distance. The battery charges in just 2 hours (6 hours initial charge)
The Planet Loxley E-Bike is powered by the Acer Xplova 250W rear hub electric motor system. Providing 45NM of effortless torque with the superb reliability you can expect from Acer. As required by law, the motor will automatically stop assisting once the speed of 15.5mph is achieved. Easy to use LED head unit offers 5 levels of assistance to ensure the correct level of power assist is supplied in the most economical way.
The Planet X Loxley E-Bike is supplied 99% assembled. Simply charge, rotate and tighten the handlebar and attach the included pedals to begin your journey. (4mm and 6mm Hex/Allen wrench required) Fitted with a sturdy kickstand for storage or just popping in the shop and reflectors supplied for a enhanced visibility

Note: The total travel distance will depend on rider and luggage weight, power settings and riding style. UK Charger plug supplied.

Size Guide

• Small / Medium = 52cm Seat Tube - 5 4 to 5 9
  • Large / X Large = 56cm Seat Tube - 5 10 to 6 3

Weight approx. 19.5kg
I bought one over the Bank Holiday weekend with 15% off and some bike locks etc. Was looking to save money on commuting to work which has been costing me roughly £35 in petrol per week and £50 per month on tax and insurance for my car. (£190 a month!!!) All for travelling a very short but, hilly distance twice per day, 6x days a week.
With an e-bike I will cut this cost completely and have a further £190 in my pocket at the end of each month.

...Now the Loxley e-bike...

So far so good. Was a bit of a pig to set up and I immediately binned the saddle and seatpost and stem supplied. I upgraded the handlebar grips too for some Planet X mtb grips.

Its as heavy as **** and feels heavy too, but the Acer hub drive motor is very good indeed. The bike weighs according to PX 20kg, add my bodyweight and a rucksack full of work ephemera and that is quite a combined load.

The loxley easily pushes you up hills for a leisurely paced commute and it needs to where I live in Devon as it is hilly indeed.

Well one commute into this experiment and it has worked well, using only one bar on the battery indicator. Needs more thorough testing yet though to give a better picture.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Good luck with it going forward.

For me a commute would be much more comfortable with panniers than a backpack.

rbrt

Just Joined
Oct 6, 2022
Just bought my Loxley e- bike and on the first ride of one bar assist going up and down hills i manage 30 mile, there is absolutely no need to use any higher assist mode. Going out on a 50 mile cycle this weekend just to see if it uses more than two bars of the battery on assist mode one.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Dont be fooled in to thinking each bar is 30 miles, they can be very suspect and the rest can disappear very rapidly.
Like all bikes and range until someone puts the range to a proper test and goes to lvc the true possible range is never known.

Reactions: sjpt

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Extending what Nealh said; one particular issue is that battery voltage sags under heavy use (hills). A battery might be good for another 20 miles on the flat and show one or two bars remaining, but fail to help you up that critical hill as you near the end of your ride.