Possible donor's for conversions..

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi,

We are having a clear out of a load of part-ex's we have received over the past couple of months. Most of it is old tat, but there were a couple of 'good'ns' that caught my eye and thought they may be of interest to you guys if anyone is looking for a good base for a crank/hub conversion.

Gazelle Furore - £350ono
gazelle.jpg
22” Alloy Frame / 700c Wheel

• 8 Speed Nexus hub gears
• Nexus Front and Rear Hub brakes
• Adjustable Suspension Fork
• Double wall alloy wheels

Features / Extras –
Pump, Bottle Cage, Rear Wheel Lock, Bell, Prop Stand, Pannier Rack, Saddle Bag, Dynamo Lights, Gel Saddle, Adjustable Stem, Comfort Grips, Wireless Computer, Pannier Rack, Full Mudguards, Chain Guard

Kettler Windsor - £250ono
kettler.jpg
20” Alloy Frame / 700c Wheel

• 7 Speed Nexus hub gears
• Front and Rear V Brakes
• Double wall alloy wheels
• Schwalbe Puncture Proof Tyres

Features / Extras –

Prop Stand, Pannier Rack, Dynamo Lights, Gel Saddle, Adjustable Stem, Comfort Grips, Full Mudguards, Chain Guard, Wrap Back Bars

If anyone's interested, just drop me an email and I can forward more details -
sales@e-bikeshop.co.uk

Regards
Martin

D

Deleted member 4366

Nice bikes Martin, but converting that Gazelle would be tricky. The after-market crank-drives don't suit hub-gears because the motors have a tendency to run on and keep tension on the chain when you try and change gear. Hub gears need the tension released to change. It would be OK if you wanted throttle only - no PAS. The hub-brakes mean that a hub-motor would be complicated too. You'd need to change the forks to fit a hub-motor with disc-brake unless it has disc-brake fixing points, which I can't see.

The Kettler would be OK with a front hub-motor.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nice bikes Martin, but converting that Gazelle would be tricky. The after-market crank-drives don't suit hub-gears because the motors have a tendency to run on and keep tension on the chain when you try and change gear. Hub gears need the tension released to change. It would be OK if you wanted throttle only - no PAS. The hub-brakes mean that a hub-motor would be complicated too. You'd need to change the forks to fit a hub-motor with disc-brake unless it has disc-brake fixing points, which I can't see.

The Kettler would be OK with a front hub-motor.
Thanks Dave, it did cross my mind with the hub brakes.
But I knew there would be a way round it as you have just proved.

Martin