Powacycle LPX battery dead

hannibal

Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2009
Hi guys,

My wife's Windsor lipo battery has just gone dead after 2 years good service, working fine the day before. Charger shows green light (indicating it is charged) but no lights appear on the battery when the key is turned.

I'm guessing a blown fuse due to possibly a damaged cell?

My question: is there any point in trying to get it repaired? Is the there anywhere that would recell it cheaper than buying a new one (c£300)?

Finally, anyone with a used but still serviceable battery of this type willing to sell it?

Thanks

(By the way, I have a similar Salisbury battery still going strong in year 4!)

muckymits

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2011
Change the fuse and try it again you might have other problems. Half a dozen pozi screws and split the case. Squeeze the case in the middle to undo the clips. The blade fuse it tucked in to the top of cell pack, yellow see thro tape on it. There are 2, the one you want is about 25 amp.

D

Deleted member 4366

Check both fuses, and also check that there's no wires off: follow both the charging wires and the main output wires. My guess is that a wire's broken off the key switch unless something else happened to blow a fuse. Anyway, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with your battery once you get it fixed.

hannibal

Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2009
Change the fuse and try it again you might have other problems. Half a dozen pozi screws and split the case. Squeeze the case in the middle to undo the clips. The blade fuse it tucked in to the top of cell pack, yellow see thro tape on it. There are 2, the one you want is about 25 amp.
Muckymits - absolutely spot on. Thanks you so much.

2 fuses, as you describe, 5 and 40 amps. The 5 amp one was faulty (not obviously burned out).

59p for a new fuse and - hey presto - battery working again.

That's £300 of expenditure on a replacement put off for a while, at least!

hannibal

Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2009
Check both fuses, and also check that there's no wires off: follow both the charging wires and the main output wires. My guess is that a wire's broken off the key switch unless something else happened to blow a fuse. Anyway, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with your battery once you get it fixed.
d8veh

Thanks for the advice/support. You were dead right - the fuse replacement fixed it. Hopefully there's nothing more fundamentally wrong with the battery.