Presteigne

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
I haven't read anything definitive lately about the rally which has taken place in recent years in Wales so I don't know whether there will be an event this year or not.

Now, I have no idea about the number of people attracted previously to the event or whether there is much interest from the wider community but I question the venue if the idea is to showcase ebikes with a view to attracting more buyers.

From previous experience of organising other things, I realise that putting together any kind of occasion is not without difficulty. Because of that, I'm always appreciative of anyone who accepts the challenge and makes it happen.

If it is to happen this year and/or in future years, would it not make more sense to have the event somewhere more accessible? The capital city is of course hugely accessible from just about anywhere in the British Isles and I would love it to be the choice of venue. There are other places in the middle of the mainland with good transport connections from most parts of the UK and I could happily accept any one of those more centrally located places. I can get to just about anywhere in the country without difficulty but I feel the ebike community, particularly the retail side of the business, would benefit from the publicity obtainable at a bigger venue somewhere more people actually go.

Unless the industry strives to reach a wider audience, ebike sales are unlikely to escalate, in my opinion. I know there's a cost involved but don't they say, "You've got to speculate to accumulate!"? More footfall at an event = more potential buyers.

Indalo

D

Deleted member 4366

No. No No. Stop being selfish. Keep it where it is because it's a lovely ride from Telford

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And he originally organised it before even having an e-bike shop, just goodwill.

I'm speaking of Pete Mustill.

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
I have never been to Presteigne , but reading about it in the `Telegraph` and looking it up got me interested in Ebikes in the first place . It`s more central to the UK than London . Why has everything got to be in London ?

AndyOfTheSouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2009
What an astounding idea! why has no one thought of this before?

But why stop there? The Tour de France, for example. If that were moved to London, think how much more accessible it would be.

At present it is in a far away land of which we know little and obliges people to go to the Alps, even the riders (on machines without electrical power, remember.)

Of course there will be the naysayers, the dismal Jimmies and moaning Minnies who will say that it can't be done. Ignore them.

Let us know how you get on.

Bonne chance.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What an astounding idea! why has no one thought of this before?

But why stop there? The Tour de France, for example. If that were moved to London, think how much more accessible it would be.
It has been, twice. On the last occasion in 2007 it actually started in London, it could hardly have got closer!

2007 photo below, first time the Tour came here was 1974.

Last edited:

avronb

Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2011
I have sent an e,mail to their T.I.C.office asking when and if this event is being held this year,still waiting for a reply,sent two days ago.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
If you check my other Prestaigne thread you will see that it is NOT happening this year. :(

Lynda :)