Prices have gone crazy for bare hubs + shipping + VAT - anyone know a good source?

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
It's pretty obvious you can't rely on Chinese firms or many other firms to be honest. So the way tax is collected needs to be a lot more robust. If that means additional staff then add that to the customs charges. We are seeing a huge loss of high street shops and the government needs to be a lot more aggressive in this situation. Don't get me wrong I've used many sites where I question whether the VAT is paid and often realise it isn't. Like anyone I'm looking for the best price but the government's job is to prevent me doing that if it means the tax isn't being paid. I've bought hub motors from pswpower for about £60-65 delivered where as I think other supplier's were significantly more expensive. People will always do what they like even if that means hugely damaging their own economy and actually making themselves far poorer in the long term. How much debt have we got now? Perhaps 2.5 trillion and each home is paying about £4k per year in interest charges in that debt before any money can be used for services. Many councils are spending more on interest payments than services. It's just utter madness caused by politicians of utter incompetence and a population on economic self-destruct. It's also a catch 22 situation as the poorer you become the more you need to save money on your purchases.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Many councils are spending more on interest payments than services
There's also several cases of malinvestment within our many local authorities, not mentioning the billions stolen from pension pots over the decade+. We are over due for a "free" market correction every time the BoE and global counterparts step in to help it make this huge Ponzi scheme worse... Taxing or extracting more tax from the common folk is no solution as you rightly say a catch 22 or I like to think about it as an Ouroboros.