Prices of the electricity we use to charge

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
T"he creature has been named Pleurobranchaea britannica. It belongs to a group found in warmer waters, which could be migrating north due to climate change.
Could've come over on bottom of some rubber boats, haha. But somehow some still end up on parliamentary benches, strange? :)

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
"Relying on private companies to solve the climate crisis means that the planet’s fate rests in the hands of asset managers "

"Those who can do
Those who can't teach
Those who are neither, manage!"
(To paraphrase the famous saying) :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
" "The road of diplomacy is not yet closed, but they must understand what we did to them during [World War Two]," he said."
fire the nukes ;)

oh well :rolleyes:

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
So surely they would want to use the latest version that gives protection against the latest variants that are circulating - is there something that makes you think it is any more than that ?
This is the correct explanation. It's analogous to how the vaccine against last year's 'flu variant gets replaced by the one targeting this year's 'flu strain. This is in contrast to stable viruses like measles where the vaccine doesn't need to be updated.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
They're funded by DoH and the drug companies. The drug companies pay them to write about how great their drugs are and probably their holidays. The DoH pays for the building, the phones and their company cars.
MORE LIES.

The National Institute for Health & Care Research is funded by the Department of Health & Social Care with a budget of £1.2 billion.

It's obvious when any research is funded by drug companies as academic journals require a declaration of interest form to be completed prior to publication. As an example here is the explanation for British Medical Journal that the he form asks authors to disclose three types of information:
  • Associations with commercial entities that provided support for the work reported in the submitted manuscript (the timeframe for disclosure in this section of the form is the life span of the work being reported).
  • Associations with commercial entities that could be viewed as having an interest in the general area of the submitted manuscript (in the three years before submission of the manuscript).
  • Non-financial associations that may be relevant or seen as relevant to the submitted manuscript.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
MORE LIES.

The National Institute for Health & Care Research is funded by the Department of Health & Social Care with a budget of £1.2 billion.

It's obvious when any research is funded by drug companies as academic journals require a declaration of interest form to be completed prior to publication. As an example here is the explanation for British Medical Journal that the he form asks authors to disclose three types of information:
  • Associations with commercial entities that provided support for the work reported in the submitted manuscript (the timeframe for disclosure in this section of the form is the life span of the work being reported).
  • Associations with commercial entities that could be viewed as having an interest in the general area of the submitted manuscript (in the three years before submission of the manuscript).
  • Non-financial associations that may be relevant or seen as relevant to the submitted manuscript.
That's what I said. The money comes from the drug companies to pay NIHC. NiHC uses it to do research. The guys, who write the papers credit NIHC so that their research looks independent and plausible. Stupid people are too stupid to realise how it works.

It's similar to the funding of the Wuhan lab. Fauci gave the money to Peter Daszak (Eco Health Aliance). EHA gave it to the Wuhan lab. The only problem was Shi Zhengli wrote Fauci as the sponsor when she published, even though he denied he sent her any money. It was pretty clear from her action that he had contacted her directly, the same as the drug companies contact the research people directly, then launder the money through a third party to make it look like independent research.

It's all here on their own website. "Working with Partners":

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
[
the same as the drug companies contact the research people directly
researchers are sponsored by (receive money from) industries for donkeys years, nothing special. Researchers salaries are sometimes partly paid by contracts, they get the occasional free lunches, seminars, conferences, flight tickets, hotels, food and drinks.
The point is their research is accessible to peers and the public and their work is not fake.
Don't read too much into this. Businesses give them money to have first hand access and tip offs. Sometimes they have working contracts with the unis. All above board. If you are interested, you can go to their conferences and meet with them there.
Researchers are not influencers. Although some are very active on YT, I follow Sabine Hossenfelder, Becky Smethurst, Matt O'Dowd etc. they do normal work too.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
[
researchers are sponsored by (receive money from) industries for donkeys years, nothing special. Researchers salaries are sometimes partly paid by contracts, they get the occasional free lunches, seminars, conferences, flight tickets, hotels, food and drinks.
The point is their research is accessible to peers and the public and their work is not fake.
Don't read too much into this. Businesses give them money to have first hand access and tip offs. Sometimes they have working contracts with the unis. All above board. If you are interested, you can go to their conferences and meet with them there.
Researchers are not influencers.
The drugs companies made $75 billion from the pandemic. That's an awful lot of money to pay off whoever they want.

Look at the Hunter Biden laptop story. The story was always true. At the time, you could see the actual laptop files on 4chan, yet 51 prominent security personnel, including all the ex-chiefs of the CIA signed a letter to say that the story was Russian disinformation. Why did they do that? Who organised it? Who was controlling them? The story has now been proven to be true, and you can still see every file on the laptop if you know where to look. Even the BBC is trying to play down the story using uncertainty, but any BBC journalist, after 5 minutes research, should be able to see it for themselves , then talk fact instead of opinion.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hunter Biden's and Jim Biden's businesses are not Joe Biden's business. If you tell me that Hunter and Jim Biden are bent, I'd believe you. If you tell me that they peddle access to Joe Biden, I'd believe you. The fact of life is that family members will try to take advantage of other family members if they can. I don't see much into that. They want to be lobbyists? who cares? I don't care that the Saudis gave Jared Kushner $2 billion dollars. I don't want Trump back in the White House.
Joe Biden made millions outside his normal salary with speaking fees, our ex PMs all do that. I tell you one thing, the richer they are, the more likely they'll exploit their old jobs later. If you want to find something dodgy, I reckon we should debate the merger of Digital Word with TMTG

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
go get some reports from Ukraine ,ban all carbon life forms + no human life or weed, id kill every one on the planet to grow weed n cows need to fart or they will explode :eek:
326998294_2305625582952577_1835350405018980957_n.jpg

Reactions: flecc

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
It's all here on their own website. "Working with Partners":
I fear you have gone down a conspiracy rabbit hole - on the "working with partners" there is no mention of nihr being funded by industry , rather industry can apply for funding from nihr. As Nigel says, any other research that is funded by industry has declarations making that clear.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hunter Biden's and Jim Biden's businesses are not Joe Biden's business. If you tell me that Hunter and Jim Biden are bent, I'd believe you. If you tell me that they peddle access to Joe Biden, I'd believe you. The fact of life is that family members will try to take advantage of other family members if they can. I don't see much into that. They want to be lobbyists? who cares? I don't care that the Saudis gave Jared Kushner $2 billion dollars. I don't want Trump back in the White House.
Joe Biden made millions outside his normal salary with speaking fees, our ex PMs all do that. I tell you one thing, the richer they are, the more likely they'll exploit their old jobs later. If you want to find something dodgy, I reckon we should debate the merger of Digital Word with TMTG
In the laptop files, you can see emails about Hunter arrangiging meetings for his dad and Joe telling the Russians and Chinese associates to deal with Hunter. Go and have a look.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I fear you have gone down a conspiracy rabbit hole - on the "working with partners" there is no mention of nihr being funded by industry , rather industry can apply for funding from nihr. As Nigel says, any other research that is funded by industry has declarations making that clear.
You can't read. From their own website: "Working in partnership with the NHS, universities, local government, other research funders, patients and the public - we fund, enable and deliver world-leading health and social care research that improves people's health and wellbeing and promotes economic growth. "

What do you think other research funders do?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
(saneagle)
There is no need. Huner Biden peddled access, so what? Biden wasn't president then.

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
Here's the truth of the covid pandemic:

For a number of years, Professor Shi at the Wuhan Institute of Virology was collecting viruses from bats which were not found in that part of China and were not sold at the Wuhan market. Her team explored caves a thousand miles away, bringing back bat faeces and tissue samples from the animals. It was known that guano miners who worked in some of those caves had become sick with pneumonia like disease but that the disease they had suffered was not passed on to other people who had not been digging up the bat guano.

Professor Shi was interested in the bat viruses partly because she was running a virology lab, but also because virologists hope by understanding some animal only viruses which may in future mutate to be able to infect people.

The Wuhan lab, applied for research funding to meddle with these viruses to try to get them to infect human cell lines. They intended to selectively breed the lines which looked most promising for human infection. Danzacks's Eco Health Alliance of America funding organisation, funded by Fauci had millions of dollars to give out in grants. The Wuhan Lab applied for funding and their application detailing what I said is a matter of public record. They did not get the funding, but had other funding streams in China.

It is as near certain as you could get, that in late Autumn of 2019 a deliberately altered bat virus escaped into the Wuhan lab and infected researchers who carried it outside the lab and into the community. Despite extensive searches, the exact Sars-Cov-2 virus has never been found in the Wuhan market, in animals at that market, or in the wild in caves inhabited by the horseshoe bats. The sars-cov-2 virus was engineered by successive selection of the more infective specimens. Professor Shi's application for funding from Eco Health Alliance details the fact that they were already involved in trying to make bat viruses infect human cell lines.

The virus got out - uniquely able to infect human beings which it rapidly did right across the world. We were in my opinion, very lucky that it was not even more deadly than it was. It killed about 6 people in every thousand infected in richer countries and about 15 people every thousand in poor ones. It certainly had that capacity to collapse our own health system and it cost us a vast amount of money and economic damage.

Where I divert from some opinions here is on the vaccine matter. I think we were VERY lucky that pretty effective vaccines were quickly developed and deployed on a huge scale. Without them, we would unequivocally have suffered much more harm.

I utterly deplore suggestions that there was some kind of scam going on in the vaccine programme. It is insane to take that view. World wide, many tens of millions of lives were saved by the vaccines albeit that a VERY FEW people suffered serious complications. The complication rates of having covid 19 are about five hundred times higher than from vaccine related complications. Just ask Derek Draper's wife or any of the very large number of relatives of people who were ruined or killed by Covid-19

Reactions: POLLY