Prices of the electricity we use to charge

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
The nearest virus to it in the wild (in animals) was RaTG13.
"The closest previous isolate, RaTG13, came from yet another bat species, R. affinis, living in a cave in Mojiang, in China’s Yunnan province. Its similarity to SARS-CoV-2 is 96.2%—only slightly lower than the BANAL viruses—but the number obscures a profound distinction between the new isolates and RaTG13."

• :D
Reactions: Tony1951 and POLLY

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Gold and silver are climbing agai - always a sign of imminent disaster.
in short term, chocolate would be better bet.
Look at the last 3 years, stock market outperforms gold, especially renewable electricity.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
in short term, chocolate would be better bet.
Look at the last 3 years, stock market outperforms gold, especially renewable electricity.
yeah untill it all cashes like it always does boom and bust not long now tho :p

not even the roman empire survived same as the rest of them oh well.

buy end of the year interest payment alone will be 1 trillion a month long term u are fooked the dollar is finished.

Last edited:

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
You might be in danger of having uttered a libel there old chap
Well I would apologize if i had misinterpreted the implication put out on wiki and the guardian, and other equally unscrupulous biased media reporting.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Reactions: Woosh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
fire nukes at it :p

D

Deleted member 16246

"The closest previous isolate, RaTG13, came from yet another bat species, R. affinis, living in a cave in Mojiang, in China’s Yunnan province. Its similarity to SARS-CoV-2 is 96.2%—only slightly lower than the BANAL viruses—but the number obscures a profound distinction between the new isolates and RaTG13."
Yes Peter, 96.2 sounds like it ought to be pretty close, but in virus terms , it means it is pretty far off from any animal virus which is why Alina Chan thought the engineered virus was a very strong possibility. If it was a natural spillover from an animal virus, you would expect it to be much closer to the animal virus.

Reactions: POLLY

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Yes Peter, 96.2 sounds like it ought to be pretty close, but in virus terms , it means it is pretty far off from any animal virus which is why Alina Chan thought the engineered virus was a very strong possibility. If it was a natural spillover from an animal virus, you would expect it to be much closer to the animal virus.
Yes, aren't humans 98.9 % genetically identical to chimpanzees.
Didn't the book rely on the theory that the “preadaptation” that was needed to make Covid-19 infectious to humans was very suspicious and a sign that it originated in the lab whereas exactly the same adaption had happened naturally in the BANAL viruses.

D

Deleted member 16246

Yes, aren't humans 98.9 % genetically identical to chimpanzees.
Didn't the book rely on the theory that the “preadaptation” that was needed to make Covid-19 infectious to humans was very suspicious and a sign that it originated in the lab whereas exactly the same adaption had happened naturally in the BANAL viruses.
Yes on the Chimpanzee /Human point.

On the BANAL virus and Sars-Covi02 - we are not quite on the same page, I think.

Institute Pasteur said:
An initial study5 published in Nature in February 2022 reported that researchers from the Institut Pasteur, in particular from the Pathogen Discovery Laboratory led by Marc Eloit, had discovered coronaviruses highly similar to SARS-CoV-2 in fecal swabs from bats in northern Laos, including three sarbecoviruses dubbed BANAL-103, BANAL-236 and BANAL-52. They showed that these viruses bind to the human ACE2 receptor more efficiently than the first SARS-CoV-2 strains sequenced at the start of the outbreak in Wuhan, and that they can replicate in human cells.
However, a further finding was that the spike proteins of these sarbecoviruses lacked the furin* cleavage site, an important determinant of SARS-CoV-2 pathogenicity and transmissibility by respiratory route, which was present in the SARS-CoV-2 virus circulating in the human population from the beginning of the epidemic. This cleavage site plays a key role in mediating viral entry into respiratory epithelial cells (particularly those in the lungs).

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
we are the virus as mostly made of carbon oh no robots activate :p

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Thanks, interesting article. I think my instinct (as per the article introduction) is that the most likely explanation is (as in SARS and MERS before it) that the virus crossed the species barrier from an intermediate host sold at the wet market but we can't rule out (yet) a lab leak. Although I do accept that we would have expected to see the virus in the wild somewhere.

I have listened to the BBC podcast which had some interviews with Alina Chan

Which highlighted the secrecy and control freakery of the Chinese government, but I'm not sure that really helps in terms of explanation of the mechanism

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony1951

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

i could grow the living crap out of that :p

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"Stem-cell researcher Carolina Florian didn’t trust what she was seeing. Her elderly laboratory mice were starting to look younger. They were more sprightly and their coats were sleeker. Yet all she had done was to briefly treat them — many weeks earlier — with a drug that corrected the organization of proteins inside a type of stem cell."

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Autonomous Overhead Powerline Recharging for Uninterrupted Drone Operations

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

This article describes some of the issues with historic co2 measurements, but the size of the possible error is so small that it doesn't matter. The debate here is whether the methods REALLY found co2 at levels like 280 parts per million of co2 to atmosphere or 300 parts per million. The current measurement is yelding figures of 410 parts per million.

The level has increased greatly, and we should all be doing things to prevent further increase (which YOU are doing as you pointed out above).

For me - my main gripe is the overblown, exaggerated hysteria about the world burning up and everyone dying.

One day, this planet WILL be like Venus with surface temperatures around 400c. This will happen because the sun will expand in 1 to 5 billion years. It will not be happening because I drive a petrol car, and people go on holiday in jet planes.

Our species has shown even in pre-industrial times that our ingenuity is so great that we can adapt to and live in every environment on this planet, no matter how adverse. We will certainly adapt to changes of 2.5 degrees of warming.

In the Cretaceous period of geological time when the dinosaurs were roaming a jungle planet, co2 was far higher than now and the planet was about six degrees c warmer than now.

Greenhouse farmers artificially boost co2 levels to more than twice the present outdoor level and raise the temperature artificially too. Why do they do this? To grow more food. This end of the world hype is bo llox.

This Pub Med article suggests that in the Cretaceous period, planetary temperatures were as much as twelve degrees C hotter than now and that co2 levels were as much as 14 times what we have seen in recent times. The period discussed was a time of massive species and plant diversity, but many of the creatures were giant carnivorous lizards.....

View attachment 57657