Pro-Connect ordered?

timelordUK

Pedelecer
May 21, 2008
Grrrr

I have got a horrible feeling that when I emailed Kalkhoff about the 57cm frame and they told me it was being made last week, that it was the step through frame they were talking about..the 57cm and 53cm step throughs have just appeared in stock on the 50cycles site...

how long now to wait ......:mad:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I have got a horrible feeling that when I emailed Kalkhoff about the 57cm frame and they told me it was being made last week, that it was the step through frame they were talking about..the 57cm and 53cm step throughs have just appeared in stock on the 50cycles site...

Lends a whole new meaning to cross bar. :mad:

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008

If any help, I bought the step through, because it was in stock, and I did'nt want to wait, After a small period of hating the thing, I am now used to it,and love it. As reported no flex at all when trying to power up hill, easy-ryder style grows on you, still have a tendancy to dismount (get off) by swinging back leg over saddle, (difficult cause I think I bought a too big frame) but now using the step thro frame to stylishly 'alight' in a most pleasing manner..

timelordUK

Pedelecer
May 21, 2008
I work in a school and will be cycling amongst hordes of school kids on their fashionable mountain bikes.... the look is important... otherwise I can see me being pushed into the canal !!! :eek:

iaing

Pedelecer
May 27, 2008
L31
Tasman

What delivery did you get.
Frame size?
Frame type ie stepthrough or gents?
Hi

It was the Tasman (so stepthrough) 49cm, ordered on Friday afternoon (30th) and arrived Wednesday morning - having been told the previous day that it would be "3-5 days".

rafepurnell

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 20, 2008
I got told the 57's with cross bar were made last week and delivery was expected at 50c tomorrowish (I suppose Mon Tues is possible). They were made last week and were having the electrics put on early this week.
I hope its the case. I think due to voucher restrictions I am now beyond the point of walking away. I decided to hang around as being beaten on the hills everyday by an Agattu is pretty tough I need to get my own back.
I am trying to stay unexcited and calm as I fear building up my hopes will drive me down that awfull path of negativity and I want to stay fluffy and hopefull.
Busy watching this space for any sign of good news.

On the upside Ive lost half a stone by chasing the pesky Agattu every morning.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Just though I'd keep this thread in the forefront over the weekend to see on monday (via Derby Cycles) if the promised 53cm's are coming.

Anyone heard anything about this subject?

Last edited:

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
I'm getting SO excited, it's almost unbearable!
Please take a chill pill.
Weve heard all this before guys.
And its about the 57cm's not the 53cm's
The agattu 53cm's crossbars havn't even arrived yet, so what chance have we got.
We should know better Monday.

Last edited:

rafepurnell

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 20, 2008
burncycle is right. the coms from 50c have been unclear. I am trying to stay calm and not get excited.

they have assured me the 57s are on their way. the were hoping for them friday but they were a no show. just sitting tight and hoping when they open the truck that the 57's are there.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Pro-Connect 53cm delayed again!

Phoned Derby Cycles just now in Germany.
Asked them why the Pro-Connect hadn't arrived yet as they told me in 2weeks, 2weeks ago definate.
They tell me now that the 53cm (Gents) Crossbar Frame will be in production THIS week, and the majority made will be shipped to 50cycles to arrive by Monday/Tuesday. I talked to the same chap as 2 weeks ago and he could not explain why they had not met the delivery window that he told me.

Seems like the supplier and the maker, both enjoy changing the truth.
Seems like a match made in heaven.
Good luck to them both!

Wont say I didnt tell everyone.

Regards Bob

Last edited:

Larkspur

Pedelecer
Feb 19, 2008
S.W. Herts
burncycle is right. the coms from 50c have been unclear. I am trying to stay calm and not get excited.

they have assured me the 57s are on their way. the were hoping for them friday but they were a no show. just sitting tight and hoping when they open the truck that the 57's are there.
Let's just hope as well that when they do arrive, there are enough on the lorry to go round!!

Chris

Larkspur

Pedelecer
Feb 19, 2008
S.W. Herts
Asked them why the Pro-Connect hadn't arrived yet as they told me in 2weeks, 2weeks ago definate.
They tell me now that the 53cm (Gents) Crossbar Frame will be in production THIS week, and the majority made will be shipped to 50cycles to arrive by Monday/Tuesday. I talked to the same chap as 2 weeks ago and he could not explain why they had not met the delivery window that he told me.

Good luck to them both!

Regards Bob
Bob, I'm speechless, and feel so sorry for you - the direct communication with Derby seemed so promising. This just goes on and on doesn't it :(

Chris

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Bob, I'm speechless, and feel so sorry for you - the direct communication with Derby seemed so promising. This just goes on and on doesn't it :(

Chris
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

my sympathies too as you have remained a gentleman throughout this ordeal...ok a few hick-ups early days but after that a true pro..good on you

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007

Good luck to them both!

Regards Bob
So sorry to hear that your woes continue. You have the patience of a saint.
BW
musicbooks

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
didnt follow the advice i gave you though

do you remember early on bob i gave you solid advice to stick it out and wait for it as you believe its the best and would regret getting second best if you did not wait and went and got the second best ......well proof is in the pudding thats a true statement as look at the cock up i made last week buying that cheap fold up bike :eek: ..its stuck in my lounge , never out the house and ive now to take a loss and sell it back on e-bay as its second best and not what i want..i should have waited and got the one i thought was the best..the brompton..getting the best saves you money and heartache in the long run...so dont do what i do but, do what i say..lol lol lol lol...

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
i should have waited and got the one i thought was the best..the brompton..getting the best saves you money and heartache in the long run...so dont do what i do but, do what i say..lol lol lol lol...
Hi Keithhazel,

Were you waiting for a nano-brompton or just a standard one? I agree, its best to wait for the bike you really want. Hope you dont make too much of a loss :cool:

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Hi Keithhazel,

Were you waiting for a nano-brompton or just a standard one? I agree, its best to wait for the bike you really want. Hope you dont make too much of a loss :cool:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

the worst of it is i wasnt waiting, just bee in bonnet and then saw this one advertised as 9.5kg.... i didnt read the measurements or alarm bells ring when Flecc told me they didnt fold too small..in effect its only 10cm narrowerer them my quando.. and the 9.5kg is 13kg...when i questioned this i was told.."take off the mudguards, take off the side kick stand, take off the fatter comfy seat, take off the luggage rack and you have your 9.5kg".......this was a case of reading the small print...except there wasnt any small print to tell me them facts...basically just inexperienced fool to expect 9.5kg with all them things on it......i really need to go to a brompton stockist as there are so many different things for it i dont understand...2 speed, 3 speed, 5 speed ect..then derailers or hub derailers..i think im confused already and wrong....i did chat to a girl last week when i saw she had one but she said it was hard to pedal.....then i need to see the nano to see how it affects the folding status ect.....i think in the end i may just walk the 2 mile to the first bus and give up trying to make life to easy..lol..but it would come in hady for sudden jobs cropping up where i have to be on a bus and off a couple of miles at the other end and get there sharp...........Hull where i live seems to be no where near bike shops....probably as we are no where near hills...

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
If you have no hills to contend with then maybe you should just go for a standard 3 speed brompton for that short commute. You could choose the reduced gearing options to make pedalling easier.

I tried the above type and found that it was geared very high, thus making pedalling harder. 1st gear starts at around 47 inches and i think the gearing options are -12% and -18% reduction.

However, with the 6th gear option you can get 1st gear reduced to around 33 inches.

Saw a nano brompton and the folding is the same size when you remove the battery bag. However, it is heavy due to the motor.

Last edited: