Problem with Jannies bike

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Ever since we got Jannies Compy we have had a problem with it.

Let me say right from the start that we are in Denmark and Phil from Powerpedals is bending over backwards to fix the problem. What a good man and excellent service.

The problem is that the bike surges forward for about 4 pedal strokes and then cuts out completely for about 9 and the surges again. It is a continuing cycle (no pun intended).

We have replaced the crank disc with the magnets and we have changed the sensor behind the disc to no avail. We were all certain that would cure the problem. Phil is now sending out a new control box to see if that is the problem.

He is sending out all these parts at his own expense and I appreciate it.

Can anyone else suggest something else we can try because if the control box is not the problem it looks like I will have to return the bike to the UK and none of us wants that.

On the plus side, my Tonaro Enduro is wonderful and I am really pleased we have both bikes so we can compare them to each other.

Steve

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Possible Battery issue. Symptoms are similar to a failing cell under load with the BMS cutting power or the controller hitting LVC and doing the same....

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Sorry to hear that Steve....I tend to agree with NRG.......I have had that problem in the past and it was the battery at fault....hope you get it sorted soon, Phil will move heaven and earth I am sure to make it ok.
Lynda

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I suppose that the thing to do is swap the batteries between the two bikes, if that is possible. Sorry if I am stating the obvious.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
God I must be tired Tillson.....am ashamed to say..... that hadnt occurred to me duh !
But I am sure it will have done to Steve
However if I remember rightly they have different batteries is one on the back rack and one not ?
Hopefully they are the same and Steve will have an instant solution....new battery....sorted....steve ?
Lynda

oigoi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2011
Hi Steve,
Sorry to hear of your problems, but glad to hear your supplier is working with you to sort it out

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Steve,
Does it happen when throttling?
My Enduro sometimes has a momentary cut out under pedelec.
One thing, I know it sounds daft, but my new sandals have magnetic catches!

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Yes it does happen while throttling as well.
I switched batteries but it is not that either. I don`t want to start stripping the electrics out of my Enduro because we could then end up with two inoperative bikes so I will wait until Phil gets one out to me.

At least I know I have tried everything and am asking the right people the right questions.

Steve