Problems with bike display

Pammie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 20, 2021
Airmyn
Hi older lady owner of a second hand ebike promax Elegance the display has stopped working can’t buy the same model anymore can you help me which one to buy to replace please? The numbers on the back are as follows. C600E-1408-E446. 36v -V2.5B. 5 pin green plug thank you

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
the C600E is made by Bigstone a China company, though they are fitted to many bikes that use differing controller brands. Each controller brand will have their own software & programming so you may also need to identify the metal box controller brand as well.

Pammie

Sep 20, 2021
Airmyn
Hi older lady owner of a second hand ebike promax Elegance the display has stopped working can’t buy the same model anymore can you help me which one to buy to replace please? The numbers on the back are as follows. C600E-1408-E446. 36v -V2.5B. 5 pin green plug thank you
the C600E is made by Bigstone a China company, though they are fitted to many bikes that use differing controller brands. Each controller brand will have their own software & programming so you may also need to identify the metal box controller brand as well.
Hi thanks but I don’t even know where that would be on the bike? Can I not use a generic lcd display? (Sorry for the ignorance)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not really as the programming is maybe likely different. Though another generic display may have the same Green (julet ?) connector, if the programming is not the same then it won't work very well or at all.
The 5pin usually means it is digital and two of the wires are TX/RX these line are used between the display and controller to communicate with each other.

Pammie

Sep 20, 2021
Airmyn
Not really as the programming is maybe likely different. Though another generic display may have the same Green (julet ?) connector, if the programming is not the same then it won't work very well or at all.
The 5pin usually means it is digital and two of the wires are TX/RX these line are used between the display and controller to communicate with each other.
Thanks again I really don’t know where to go from here and there seems to be no ebike repair shop near me to help that don’t only deal with the few ebikes they sell? Would u happen to know where the control box might be situated there seems to be nothing externally on view ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Can we take a step back at this point and ask at what point or why/when did the display stop working.
Displays don't stop working easily unless they are damaged or get water ingress, the issue is mostly likely elsewhere.

Last edited:

Pammie

Sep 20, 2021
Airmyn
Can we take a step back at this point and ask at what point or why/when did the display stop working.
Thank you I think it was damaged when I parked it outside the supermarket as the bike worked fine before I went in then nothing after I came out - the battery is ok - there is a crack in the back casing of the display which I hadn’t noticed before - I wonder if there is a person / body who could maybe repair it if I sent it off (preferably not China ) ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
These things aren't usually repaired and a swap out is pretty much normal, as I mentioned one can't willy nilly just swap out for any ol display.

For it to stop working either someone tried tampering with it or the bike fell over and was damaged.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Can we see a pic of the bike.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If you need a direct replacement without soldering, we need to see the connector on the other end of the wire and how long the wire is. You should ask a friend/relative who has some DIY skills to sort this out if you can't do it yourself.

Pammie

Sep 20, 2021
Airmyn
These things aren't usually repaired and a swap out is pretty much normal, as I mentioned one can't willy nilly just swap out for any ol display.

For it to stop working either someone tried tampering with it or the bike fell over and was damaged.
Thanks again - you seem quite knowledgeable what would you say is the way forward I like the bike very much and would love to get it working as it should without too

Attachments

Pammie

Sep 20, 2021
Airmyn
Thanks again - you seem quite knowledgeable what would you say is the way forward I like the bike very much and would love to get it working as it should without too
The wire was cut by a misguided husband trying to help after looking at advice on the internet

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That isn't good, if hubby simply cut the wires he may have caused issue with the controller or shorted the display.

Looks like he has cut the wires to the button pad for whatever misguided reason.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The display connector is a waterproof type does it have writing on it either Julet or Higo.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It will need someone competent to work on the bike unfortunately that will also rule out most ebike shops as they won't have an idea.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The metal box controller is located in the compartment at the front of the battery on the rack. On the label there should be indication of the maker, likely not by name but with markings we might be familiar with. If it happens to be Bafang, one the biggest names if not the biggest name in the world for ebikes components you should be able to get a replacement.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Will have to check tomorrow thanks again u have been very kind
It isn't easy to repair at distance and is why so many questions are asked, parts simply aren't universal to swap out and then expect them to work. With displays and controllers one can't simply just use another maker without knowing what is being used.

Pammie

Sep 20, 2021
Airmyn
H
Where do you live? Is it Armyn, W. Yorks?
Hi it’s Airmyn in East Riding of Yorkshire about half hour from Hull, York, Leeds. Can’t see any markings whatsoever on the casing for the battery but there’s a sticker on the battery. The wire is a Julet and hubby cut the wire in an effort to ‘diagnose’ after we saw some advice on the internet. Thanks again