Proposal For Discussion Rules

c_elder

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2007
Following the latest round of antagonistic postings I would like to put forward a motion to introduce a stronger set of discussion rules with more enforcement of same. Other forums, of which I am a member, have effectively employed a small set of simple guidelines and perhaps now is a good time for pedelecs.

For starters I have adapted these rules from forums.parliament.uk.

1. Do not submit defamatory comments (comments that are untrue and capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation).

2. Do not condone illegal activity or stir up people to commit any crime.

3. Do not swear or use language that could offend most other forum participants.

4. Do not otherwise submit comments that are unlawful, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated or racially offensive. This includes comments that are offensive to others with regards to religion, gender, nationality or other personal characteristic.

5. Do not impersonate other forum members or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation.

6. Do not send comments that contain personal information that would identify another private person (excluding companies). For example last names, addresses, phone numbers or other personal contact details.

7. Do not spam or flood the forum. Only submit a comment once. Do not resubmit the same, or similar, comments. Keep the number of comments you submit on a topic at a reasonable level.

Enforcement of these rules would, of course, be in the domain of the moderators.

Last edited:

c_elder

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2007
Rules Already Present

I've just noticed that there is already a sticky forum thread on discussion rules. With the recent spate of postings I just assumed there was no rules...

Citrus

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2007
members leaving already

Unfortunately the rules aren't being adhered too and there is a good deal of bad feeling circulating at the moment. stokepa31 has announced he will not be posting anymore, and flecc hasn't posted anything since he announced that he was considering leaving. Two active members lost.

It is a real shame that the forum has turned out this way as it was such a friendly, helpful place only a few short months ago. All the recent stuff has been totally unnecessary.

john

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2007
Manchester
Yes, it is starting to get time consuming to wade through the winging posts in order to find something interesting to read.

Erik

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2008
Yes, make a subforum for 50cycles bashing that requires registration.

Some people can't understand that 50c can't sit around all day and talk telephone about delays.

There is nothing they can do if Derby have not finished the bikes.

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
Clearly many people, myself included, are fed up with the repetetive theads on the same subject. When one looks it is easy to see that it is a very small percentage of members creatating a wholly disproportionate amount of unpleasantness. Perhaps in future these people could consider the negative effect they are having on the forum as a whole before repeatedly posting on what is essentially a private matter between them and a supplier.

echowind

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2008
I agree, forums shouldn't be obnoxious places. However it would also strangle free speech if everyone held the same view. human nature can have a tendency to label someone who doesn't hold the same opinion as our own as the bad guy.