Puncture Advise

S

stokepa31

I have the new Tork and it has Kenda K Shield tyres. It was delivered in November and was part of the second shipment as I understand it.

Hope this Helps
Paul

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
just sent you an email flecc. You just answered my first question from the email, but does the new Torq have Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres fitted as standard ?
You'll have seen my e-mail answer in the negative on that.

In fact I kept the Kendas on my Torq for 10 months and on my Quando for 7 months without a single puncture, in an area where my trailer tyres puncture every other trip out in some periods, so their puncture proofing seems to be at least partially effective.

mastanlem

Pedelecer
May 4, 2007
Green Slime

Hi all,

I use the green slime and although it does not stop you getting a puncture. When you do all you need to do is pump up the tyre and away you go. No repairs necessary.

Marina

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It never works for me Marina, just oozes out and makes a mess on the inner tube and inside the tyre. I've tried the proprietary versions too, but with the same failure.

We had a discussion about it in a thread a little while ago, and the great majority had experienced it failing. From memory I think only two members said it worked for them.

The trouble is that when it fails, the mess makes the puncture very much more difficult to repair, due to the struggle to clean up the mess first.

You'll see more reference to that from both Ian and myself on the first page of this thread.

Last edited: