Question about 36V15Ah BMSbattery battery

Arbol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2013
I have seen the 36V15Ah BMSbattery battery:

http://www.bmsbattery.com/36v/475-36v-15ah-lithium-ion-electric-bicycle-battery-pack.html

It seems a nice battery, cheap, and with 15A max continuous amperage, well suited to a KU63 / S06S controller.

I see in the second picture of the above link a long, think metal piece, with a hole close to a border. I assume this is a holder to be screwed to the case, and which attaches / desataches with a key. But I do not see there are two more holes for the water bottle holes.

However, there is a very similar model which has holes for the water bottle holes:

http://www.ksreention.com/product/rex1201-battery-box/121126113015.htm

Does anybody know if the BMSbattery can be placed at the water bottle holes?

I ask this because this battery is I believe unique in the sense it has a key and a handle. A handle would be great to anchor the battery to the bike with a chain. AFAIK, there is no other battery with a key having a handle (except a frog, with I do not want to use, since apparently it breaks).

A second question is if a KU63 or a S06S would fit inside the case. For the BMSbattery battery there are no inside dimensions, but for the other link, there are inside dimensions: 28.5x72.5x95.5mm. So, a S06S would fit inside transversely, only if about 3cm of free space were left by the cells inside the case. A KU63 would not fit, but only for 2mm, so possibly placing it in diagonal (if there were enough free space) would be possible.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
The question is where you are going to mount the battery on your bike?
This battery is for specific bike that has a place (behind the seat post tube) to install.

It wont fit the bike triangle area as it is very long and also needs more length of the frame to slide it out.

For your second question, even it does fit inside battery case, you need to remove all the connections in order to remove the battery from the bike. There is no controller case for this battery AFAIK

Pat

Reactions: Arbol

Arbol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2013
Thanks, your explanation answers my questions. It is not possible to do what I wanted to do.