quick question regarding selling my hard seven

Scott clarke

Pedelecer
May 5, 2015
as the title states selling my 2016 hard seven only got 125.3k on the clock comes with lots of stuff like helmet and that im going to put it up for sale on our forum here but wanted to know what sort of money i should be asking for it? its mint un marked so any answers would be a bonus. cheers

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I would suggest asking £1,250 for yours.

Reactions: Scott clarke

Scott clarke

Pedelecer
May 5, 2015
I would suggest asking £1,250 for yours.
thank you trex that price would that include all the gear and taking into consideration its less than a year old and still got the warrenty and all that or does that not make any difference when selling an electric bike of this type? thanks for that fast reply too.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
No, £1,250 is just the bike. You can always tempt the bidder with other stuff after the deal is done or use them as extra freebies if he starts to negotiate. The point is you should have a lot of bidders in view of the low mileage but the price is determined by the shorter guarantee. If you put it on ebay, you have to pay ebay and paypal fees, worth about 13% in total.

Scott clarke

Pedelecer
May 5, 2015
No, £1,250 is just the bike. You can always tempt the bidder with other stuff after the deal is done or use them as extra freebies if he starts to negotiate. The point is you should have a lot of bidders in view of the low mileage but the price is determined by the shorter guarantee. If you put it on ebay, you have to pay ebay and paypal fees, worth about 13% in total.
thanks for that trex much appreciated

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
One on ebay (albeit with 300 miles) just ended at £1242:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Haibike-/332003375393?hash=item4d4cf17921:g:OBsAAOSw8w1YAzUG

No mention of how old it is though, but it did look excellent (I would have bid, but it was too bigh for me!)

As someone who is in the market for a bike myself, I have to say that the main draws for buying new rather than used are:
1) Warranty / After Sales
2) Interest Free Credit
3) Knowing that the bike has not been abused / or has a hidden past.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
As trex says, accessories and gear do not generally tempt buyers.

It can be the reverse, personalised accessories on the bike make it harder for a buyer to take ownership of it in his mind.

Best to remove anything you've added, putting the bike back to factory spec.

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
hi yes i have spoken to the dealer today and the remainder is transferable
Is the dealer going to personally carry over the warranty? To m y knowledge, and I might be wrong, but I don't think the warranty is transferable. Read your warranty info that came with the bike or call Raleigh directly for clarification.