R&M supercharger HS to slow

derooke

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 7, 2019
Hi everyone

I have a Rise and Muller Supercharger High speed bosh performance(MY2018) with 2 500wH battery's,gates belt drive and nuvinci "gears" and im quite happy with it (build quality wise and comfort)
But the bike can't get to maximum speed of 45KM/H if i put my legs at work i get 38 to 42 avg on a flat surface.(At my work there is bike leasing and everyone is complaining about that. There are 9 hs R&M's @ work.)
So i read that its the engine's torque/power that is not sufficient .
The question is , can i put more amps thrue te system and how or can i do something else? dont care about warranty and tried baddassbox , doenst get more power.
I know that it can get warmer with more amps but i would like only 10/20 percent more power so i guess like with everything its tested higher.

Note : i dont want to go over the limit but i want to be able to drive 45 gps KM/H

Any advice is good advice.

PS sorry about my english , i live in belgium.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there is no way you can mess with the motors power settings as it is all locked down software wise.

you could try a bigger front sprocket but i think the sheer waight of those bikes is the problem and dongles wont help as they dont do anything bar remove the speed limit.

derooke

Sep 7, 2019
A bigger sprocket,
I was tinking a smaller one was a solution , smaller more revolutions more torque -->bigger >>more speed and less torque, but im no technician i dont know for a fact. i i would get the same torque maybe bigger sprocket would help

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
a bigger sprocket will give you more top speed but you will still have to spin the cranks at 120rpm i run a 20t at the front and can hit over 30mph on the flat but my bike is only 21kg and i am 72kg.

not much else you can do bar strap a jet motor on the back :p

derooke

Sep 7, 2019
so cadence is not the problem , its an hour drive( 34 km to work) and i like high cadence , so with a bigger front sprocet it could work you say , i will try it in my next service (in 2 weeks)
My cadence is about 90 per minute and if i look at the performance , te engine likes 90 most so maybe it will work, how many teeth would you add ?
I weigh 70kg and bike 29kg32006

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
what size sprocket is on the bike now?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so it looks like this then?DSC_0673_01.JPG

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
How are you going to change the gearing with belt drive and Nuvinci gears?
i cant find any sprockets for belt drives but you could try here and ask if they can get anything to work.

derooke

Sep 7, 2019
sprockets are easy to find.
No it looks like this but 1 gen older(i have more room for sprocket and chainguard)
The max i can do according manual is 28 T maybe 30 if i change the plastic cover
Is 2/4 teeth worth it?32008

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

holy crap there expensive lol but if you are spinning out ie ran out of gears then get a bigger one but it is not going to help power wise so a smaller one whould give you more power but you wont get to 28 mph.

the one above on my bike was so big it made the bike gearing so high it was just a nightmare to ride it as the motors power could not handle it.

the German site is here https://www.pedelecforum.de/forum/index.php

as there are a lot more rm owners on there that might have had the same problem and can give better advice on what sprocket to go for.

derooke

Sep 7, 2019
lol yes they are , but they normally last forever (30 to 40.000 km's) the belt is now 14.000 km and going strong.
But im not spinning out , thats not the issue so a sprocket wont change that i guess?
just no enough oompf (torque/power)at 40 km/H .
So maybe switch to a newer bike with the latest gen engine?15 more NM (75now ---> before 60NM)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you are not spinning out then i would try a smaller one as like my 25t one it was slower than using a 20t as it was like no power coming from the motor on my bike.

i doubt 15nm more would help much tbh.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
this is my bike with 20t at front.

derooke

Sep 7, 2019
lol was thinking , he's driving on the wrong side , but i guess its in the UK :)
What speed was you getting next to the water

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no idea as was looking where i was going but that bike in front was plodding along at 15mph and cought it pretty fast lol.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0100_01.JPG