rain cover issue for panasonic motors

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Hi Folks,
Worked all day (and rained all day) today and I still haven't been out on the steed..So no news on the gearing yet..However, I am about to purchase a rain cover ( not that we need any in this country:rolleyes:
As my new Agattu will be kept outside mostly, I was wondering about rain covers and the panasonic motor.. Should I buy the pygama type that seal the bike and motor completely or purchase the type that go down nearly to the ground with a gap to allow condensation to escape? Which is best for the motor.. or should I bite the bullet and build an extension?:eek:

BW
musicbooks

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Allow a gap around the base for airflow always, definitely never a full enclosure, these more suitable for storage. That's not for the motor which is well sealed and self dries anyway due to internal heat when running, but for the minor fitments on the bike to prevent corrosion. Although the bike's finish is excellent, damp will always harm in the end.

That said, an extension, lean-to or shed is always the best, not only drier but giving better air volumes to dry it when parked after a wet ride.

S

stokepa31

you must be really frustrated mate:(

I think the best form of cover would be vented. you dont want any moisture!

Paul

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Please never apologise to me for answering also Paul, and that goes for everyone.

There's nothing better than a second opinion for reassuring someone, and a third and fourth opinion is even better. :)

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Thanks guys.. as ever.. Trouble with building a lean to is I'd probaby leave home and move in with the bike:D
Tomorrow looks clear for a while.. so I'll take her out for a spin and report back on first impressions.

BW
musicbooks