Re-charging a bike from a car battery

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I use a campervan. Not all places that I stay have electricity available. Has anyone successfully come up with some system (Inverter etc.) that enables them to re-charge from the leisure battery?

C

Cyclezee

i would happily endorse the 300w belkin one linked below. been using it on my solar setup in the office for 6 months. has a battery charge indicator too and is a paultry £13

edit: should have added it comes with good sized croc plugs to run directly of the battery or a ciggy plug too

Belkin AC Anywhere - 300W DC/AC Power Inverter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
That looks like a good deal Paul. I was in my local Aldi today, and saw one of these ALDI - Sunday Special Buys 15th May 2011 as posted in my heads up a couple of weeks ago. They had one left in their clearance section reduced to £10, but it is only rated to 150W, so isn't going to boil a kettle, but might run my desktop PC on the road:eek:
In hindsight, I should have probably bought it and given it a try, particularly as Aldi give 3 years warranty on there electrical goods.