Really nice home-built electric bike

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

We saw this guy about a year ago when he was showing how to convert DeWalt batteries. His bike seems to be finished now. This has got to be one of the best home-builds I've seen. You might be able to get some ideas from it for your own. Check out his other videos that show various details.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That is neat, a lot of thought and effort gone in for a clean build. Obviously it has a retro motorcycle look to it.

Reactions: 1boris

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Like Nealh said, really well thought out and neat, great looking bike. I like the use of cordless tool batteries, makes for very easy replacement. The Americans have a big advantage using these, as they are around half the cost as the UK. It's also great to see someone running an older BBS02 at 60v.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Very nice DIY fabrication. Am I the only one that feels he's chosen the wrong type of motor for an on-road build though?...

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Very nice DIY fabrication. Am I the only one that feels he's chosen the wrong type of motor for an on-road build though?...
You were thinking more along the lines of an angle grinder? :p

I like the mid drive on the road. I have nothing against hub motors in fact I have one of those too. Just not in a bike at the moment.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
This retro Harley look is just what might persuade youngsters to want something similar, but not at the Dutch price.
Looking at youtubes of Dutch school kids, some of them have ebikes and I just wish that out lead brained MPs could get some sort of realistic vision.
I am fed up to the back teeth of them bickering and squabbling over stupid things.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
What a brilliantly executed build. :)

I've long had a soft spot for this style of bike, and actually think that that having a crank drive fitted, works very well aesthetically. The empty void left on some other builds, when a bub drive motor has been used, has somehow always spoilt them for me.

A straight ten out of ten from me. Thanks for sharing that one Dave.