Received my new bike today!

KellyBear

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2014
Greater Manchester
Today my new bright orange Pedego step through comfort cruiser, with 48v battery arrived.

The box was massive but I managed to lift it out fine and assemble the bike by myself. :)

The controller screen has been bashed in transit but Pedego quickly sorted it out and have posted me a replacement via recorded delivery, which will be with me by 1pm tomorrow. It does still work but it's just the screen that's broken - was impressed with the customer service.

That aside, I've just got back from my first ride on it, went down some really muddy paths and up some big hills and it was fab!!!

Will write a full review after riding it for a few days.

Here's a few pics - excuse the mud.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
Hope you have lots of fun on your new bike.

Reactions: KellyBear

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
I dont know what looks better the dog or the bike :)

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
that huge handlebar, certainly eye-catching.
A bit of a cargo bike though.
I wonder how heavy the bike is.

KellyBear

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2014
Greater Manchester
It's super comfy to ride, it is quite heavy 25kg I think but doesn't feel heavy when riding.

I clearly like orange things - orange dog and bike to match. :)

Just been out with my partner for dinner (in my car not bike) and a bloke just drove into the back of me at some traffic lights - doesn't look to be any damage but will have to check in daylight, got all his details etc but just made me worry about what would happen to me if I was on my bike and that happened. I should try put this put of my mind.

Last edited:

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Probably best to keep the incident at the back of your mind & try to position yourself out of the line of fire, but don't let it intimidate you.
Make motorists aware of your presence - a smile should do it .
Defensive riding is the thing.

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Probably best to keep the incident at the back of your mind & try to position yourself out of the line of fire, but don't let it intimidate you.
Make motorists aware of your presence - a smile should do it .
Defensive riding is the thing.
No motorist is going to miss seeing the 'Flying Satsuma'!:cool:

KellyBear

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2014
Greater Manchester
Flying Satsuma.... I love it!!! :D

Hehe I know orange isn't everyone's colour (I know most men wouldn't choose it) but I like bright colours hehe. My old bike is yellow.

As promised by Pedego, new controller arrived this morning and I've just finished fitting it. Just figured out how to de-restrict it (for off road obviously) on the controller to set limit to 25mph. I obviously won't be going that fast on the road as I think I'd be unsafe.

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Love it!

A cargo bike and a fat bike are next on my bike purchase wishlist.

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
Sounds like you are going to have lots of fun on it, dont forget the maintenance, any help just ask, though it sounds like going to be asking you rather than the other way round.

I think you should call the bike jaffa cake, makes me want to go buy some.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Would be interested in what the ride is like, not tried one of their bikes before.

D

Deleted member 4366

For those that's interested, I visited the Pedego factory today. A couple of weeks ago there was some discussion about the power. I found out that they use programmable 9 FET controllers. The 36v UK ones are supposed to be set at 15 amps, although I wouldn't be surprised if they're done to the same 18 amps as other ones because there didn't seem to be any marking, and the guy didn't sound very sure. The 48V ones are done to 20 or 22 amps. I forgot that there's two different 48V motors, so that might mean 20 amps for the geared one and 22 for the DD.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
do they use dapu motors for their 36V bikes?

D

Deleted member 4366

I forgot to ask, but I'm seeing the guy on Monday. I'll ask him then - if I remember.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
will you be at the show tomorrow? we'd love to have pictures and stories!

KellyBear

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2014
Greater Manchester
Would be interested in what the ride is like, not tried one of their bikes before.
I find it quite a comfortable ride, the swept handlebars are good for a relaxed ride in terms of arm positioning. Obviously there's no front suspension as a lot of similar bikes have but the big tyres absorb a lot of the bumps. The road down the back of my house isn't Tarmac and is very bumpy but it coped fine.

The saddle is the most comfortable I've tried of any bike, most others kill my bum after 5 or 10 mins whereas so far after 1 hour riding I'm still very comfortable. Saying that, I would like to try a suspension seat post to see.

I had a cycling lesson last week, learning road safety etc. I've requested the more advanced course next (waiting to get a date for that) and I'm also booked onto a basic cycle maintenance course in a few weeks, all free run by Manchester Council. :)

Reactions: john h

KellyBear

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2014
Greater Manchester
Sounds like you are going to have lots of fun on it, dont forget the maintenance, any help just ask, though it sounds like going to be asking you rather than the other way round.

I think you should call the bike jaffa cake, makes me want to go buy some.
Thank you and Jaffa cake is an excellent idea. o_O:D

I might need some help with maintaining my bike, I've not got a lot of experience in that area. I do a lot of reading and watching YouTube videos to learn things, I'm quite practical for a girl. ;)

Reactions: Electrifying Cycles