Recommend a good gel seat

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
I will be getting Jannie a new road bike for her birthday.

I would like some suggestions for a very good long distance gel seat please.

Steve

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
If you want something quick and locally available then I have had success with these

Halfords | BikeHut Comfort Ergo Mens Bike Saddle

Its not gel and I don't usually recommend Halfords.

However I have now moved over to the Brooks club and am beating my current B17 into submission :p

PS Ok that's embarrassing I re-read the post to see that you require a woman's saddle :eek:

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Nice one Jerry. You must not have seen my member name :Ø)

I use a Brookes flyer and am very pleased with it but they do take a long time to get right.

Steve

RussJ

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2011
I have an Allay Nomad on my Kalkhoff and have found it to be really comfortable.
They do womens versions too!
Russ

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I dont know much about seats except I need a more comfortable one...But gel seats I thought were not rated that highly for comfort etc...??

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Oh I dunno, compared to my experience with a Brooks they are very comfortable! :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I prefer gel these days, unwilling to suffer the running in period of a hard leather saddle.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
I prefer gel these days
All my bikes have pretty decent, modern saddles but if I had to choose one, it would be the original equipment item fitted to my Gazelle. It's a Selle model and I think my leg muscles would cause me pain long before my nether region began to hurt if I travelled over 50+ miles.

Indalo