Recommend a rack bag

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Currently using this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bicycle-Rear-Rack-Bag-Pack-Pannier-Trunk-Bag-Storage-Bike-Cycle-Waterproof-/282528190524?hash=item41c7fe103c:g:2MAAAOSwN2VZQ3qO

And the stitching came apart on the panniers within a few days. Since got a refundand had it stitched back up but its falling apart again.
Can anyone recommend something that can hold the same or more capacity? It could hold a lot, including 2 D locks, a puncture kit, and roughly 3-4 2 litre bottles of diet coke for example.
What do you guys use?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I Bought a pair of Altura pannier bags that are used daily and are excellent in every way, but cost me £80.
Previous I bought a few cheapies from Halfords, eBay and Aldi that failed fairly quickly for one reason or another so have decided that in the pannier bag world you get what you pay for.
https://www.altura.eu/products/138-road-luggage-luggage-panniers-

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Decathlon 9.99€ the first one lasted a year. Oh and give up the Diet Coke you know it is killing you?!:)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I accidentally tested my altura bags for luquid resistance. I came back from the shop via an off road route with 4 cans of special brew on board (I don't drink diet coke).. and one of tins punctured... non of the beer ran out of the bag so I was able to rescue most of it.

• :D
Reactions: anotherkiwi

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
I accidentally tested my altura bags for luquid resistance. I came back from the shop via an off road route with 4 cans of special brew on board (I don't drink diet coke).. and one of tins punctured... non of the beer ran out of the bag so I was able to rescue most of it.
Gross, who the fook drinks special brew?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Currently using this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bicycle-Rear-Rack-Bag-Pack-Pannier-Trunk-Bag-Storage-Bike-Cycle-Waterproof-/282528190524?hash=item41c7fe103c:g:2MAAAOSwN2VZQ3qO

And the stitching came apart on the panniers within a few days. Since got a refundand had it stitched back up but its falling apart again.
Can anyone recommend something that can hold the same or more capacity? It could hold a lot, including 2 D locks, a puncture kit, and roughly 3-4 2 litre bottles of diet coke for example.
What do you guys use?
Use the Halfords cheapies 20 euro each, are waterproof and hold 4 litres milk and d lock...

Rohloffboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2015
North West.
For day rides I use a Ortlieb Trunk Bag, very well made, the latest model has a much improved quick release rack mount, although won't fit the narrow Tubus SS Fly rear rack that I have on my none ebike.

For short rides, I use a Small Vaude Silk Road rack bag, great little bag and cheap as chips.

For trips to the shops, Ortlieb front pannier bags do the job, although I put them on the rear rack.

T42

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 9, 2017
Rh17
IMHO.
Ortlieb, easy mount on bike. Shoulder strap to carry, waterproof and the pair that I bought high viz at night. Expensive in comparison to other manufacturers but I'm certain will last.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Currently using the expandable RWE one from Evans, similar style to the Topeak's. Also using a cheaper version off ebay that seems ok.