Recommendations for rear rack & bag?

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
Cross Hands, Carmarthenshire
I've just come back from Mallorca, where I hired a trekking bike which had a rear rack. It was quite a revelation to be able to leave the rucksack behind! Does anyone have any recommendations for a rear rack and bag that I can fit to my 2014 Cube reaction hybrid pro which will be able to take a spare frame battery and my sarnies? TIA :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I use FWE (Evans own brand) rack bag with zip down panniers, which can hold quite a good bit of gear for a days riding. My one can take minimum of 30ah battery/batteries and in the zip panniers tools/spares/tubes on one side and extra drink,food, pac-a -mac & camera etc,etc on the other side.
Rear main bag has side stiffeners so it doesn't quish flat, side panniers give a useful good load space for all those extra bits. Fixing on my one is a pair of under Velcro straps ann also one at each corner. Place a thing board and some foam inside on the base for added protection against bumps from uneven terrain.
Despite the weight I find handling is unaffected and fit the rack as low and as far forward as possible and use it for off road riding as well on the North/South Downs.

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
This one?
https://www.evanscycles.com/fwe-top-rack-pack-EV180219

They seem unsure if a Bosch battery will fit - the length looks as though it may just, but one of the questions implies that it won't. I don't suppose you've tried it, looking at your bike list?!

Thank you :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A dolphin 09 case battery fits in there with space to spare width wise., the case measures 330mm x 120mm x 85mm.
If you Bosch battery is less then these dimensions are it will easily fit, the length is the critical one.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
This one?
https://www.evanscycles.com/fwe-top-rack-pack-EV180219

They seem unsure if a Bosch battery will fit - the length looks as though it may just, but one of the questions implies that it won't. I don't suppose you've tried it, looking at your bike list?!

Thank you :)
Yes that one, there are others like it about but this is about the best one I have found and it has put up with my usage and overloading without any mishaps.

Last edited:

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
The vaude bags are good, I've got the one with fold down side pannier bags, I fit a hailong case battery inside no prob

Reactions: MarkC

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
Thank you all for your bag recommendations :)

I don't think a bigger seat pack would work due to the weight of the battery, unfortunately.

I need a rack first tho, any tried and tested recommendations for a rack for a Cube 29er? Ta!

Reactions: Twinkleten

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Some of the bags have quick release fittings specific to a manufacturers racks so take that into account.

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
Thanks, I've also found some previous discussion on the subject here: