Reflective spoke straws.

BLACKPANTHER

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2010
Doncaster.
3M reflective spoke straws from Halfords (but cheaper online.) Thought I'd give them a try. So I did. Here they are! They look really effective whilst spinning, so I have another weapon in my reflective arsenal.:)

Last edited:

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
I prefer lights to reflectives, i run a couple of Cateye Orbits and a Fibre Flare light for side visibility. It seems to help a lot. And the Fibre Flare looks like a tiny lightsaber, which is cool.:D

overlander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2009
They look neat, for less than a tenner they will light your bike up like a Christmas tree. At that price worth putting them on, one advantage of them is they will not fall off if you hit a pot hole.

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
I know they'll make no noticeable difference to your Aurora, but i wonder if the drag would be noticeable on a normal bike? Afterall, so many high end bikes use flattened aero or carbon blades.

aseb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2009
They look neat, for less than a tenner they will light your bike up like a Christmas tree. At that price worth putting them on, one advantage of them is they will not fall off if you hit a pot hole.
Some of mine fell off. Now held in place using a couple of spots of hot melt glue. They are just a push-on fit so can easily work off, especially from the thicker spokes used on a hub motor.

(The glue gun is one of those things that come in handy for lots of bits and pieces where it would have been more of a fiddle working out the best way to fasten things together).